Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have original leather that is in "excellent" condition? If so, please post a pic. I am trying to get an idea of what my leather SHOULD look like. I have a coupe. Seems like the sedan leather holds up alot better for some reason.

·
Five- O
857 Posts
My leather seats are in good shape, thanks to the car being in the garage and using tons of conditioner, especially during the hot summer months. I'll see if can take a few pics and post them.

Esti

·
Registered
846 Posts
I have a 90 sedan and the front leather seats were in terrible condition. The back seats howerver look brand new. I just went out and bought some fabric front seats for 50 bucks that are in perfect condition and threw those in. If anyone could tell me where to find front leather tan seats that would be great. And Vince, how much did it cost you to get your seats redone in that fake leather material? how much would it ne to get it re done in real leather on the front seats?

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
The fake leather was $600 installed for the two front seats as well as the rear bench. The shop was able to dulpicate the pattern and folds in the leather quite well. No one notices that it's fake until I tell them ( I usually get comments on how I keep it looking so good). There is a leather kit available for $800 (I think?), plus another 200-300 to get it installed (or you can do it yourself). But that's for all the seats.

·
Five- O
857 Posts

·
Registered
4,036 Posts

·
Five- O
857 Posts
yeah, I think the entire photoisland.com site is down. I try to get on the site and get the same message.
maybe later
Esti

·
Registered
347 Posts
89LCoupe 201,000 Ks
My Leather was discoloured and starting to go dry in the back between the two headrests. I Used mcGuires cleaner with a soft cloth and really went to town a few times, and kept pumping conditioner into it. The dryness has gone away, and the creases in the front seats have lost their discolouration and expanded again. Overall the condition is excellent, although the front two seats have a shinier finish than the back, which are much more textured and matte.
I'd love to know how to get rid of the shiny finish on my front seats

Richard

ps, new forum format kicks erse!

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
I'd say the leather in my coupe is good. No tears, discoloration; still very supple in most places. Except the top of the rear seat back is kinda hard. Even though its been covered since new.

The front seats have been covered with sheepskin since the car was new. I'm kinda afraid to look under them. :eek:

·
Registered
541 Posts
Does it get any worse than this?!

http://www.geocities.com/azianpeepz/legendcrackedleather.jpg

·
Registered
846 Posts
Mine is worse than that beleive it or not, i will send pictures as soon as I take them. Does anyone know where i can find some decent tan leather front seats for my 90. None of the Junkyards here in Wisconsin have anything worth buying.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts