Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to replace the sparks my self. Do I have to very carefull replacing the coils on top of them, since I heard they don't usewires? Does any one have specials ways or experiences on how it should be done? Thanks......:)

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
Very easy job to do yourself.

First remove your strut bar, it gets in the way for the #6 spark plug. Remove all the chrome bolts (8mm) then just pull each coil off. Then remove all the old spark plugs. Replace them with the new ones, be carefull not to over tighten them, aluminum heads strip easy. Then I usually put some silocon grease on the tips of the coils before replacing them. Just insert the coild back in, press down and bolt them back in. Replace your strut bar and you're done.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's wot I was planning on doing except for the strut part. Didn't notice that b4. The acura told me that i shouldn't do it on my own and that the coils were very sensitive. I figured he wanted me to take it in. That son of a beach!!:mad: Thanks NickDS ;)

·
*r**h *eller
1,920 Posts
Don't forget anti seize compound on the threads when you reinstall (straight from the service manual).

·
Registered
139 Posts
Anti-seize is a silverish compound that you put on the threads of the plugs and it keeps them from sticking when you try to take them off. It helps immensly, trust me, I learned the hard way. The dealer did a compression check and cleaned off all the anti-seize and didn't put any back on. :eek:

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Fun92 said:
Anti-seize is a silverish compound that you put on the threads of the plugs and it keeps them from sticking when you try to take them off. It helps immensly, trust me, I learned the hard way. The dealer did a compression check and cleaned off all the anti-seize and didn't put any back on. :eek:
So basically you just put it on the plug so that it won't get caught in the hole?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts