Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
502MotorSports.com
9,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
post music on a website? I mean, I can upload .wma files, but you will not be able to acess it because of MS's policies.

For example, you can post .mpegs, but you cannot post .wma files.

What software can I utilize for this..I would llike to put up music clips for members to download and enjoy.

·
88 sleeper
1,159 Posts
Leon Millette said:
post music on a website? I mean, I can upload .wma files, but you will not be able to acess it because of MS's policies.

For example, you can post .mpegs, but you cannot post .wma files.

What software can I utilize for this..I would llike to put up music clips for members to download and enjoy.
im not very savvy & dont know much bout puters. but i think WINAMP can convert to .wav format & youd be all gravy

G

·
i am not to sure but i see real player everywhere and i mean everywhere....i dont know why but they seem to dominate that area......for mp3s you will have to convert to wavs i guess....but wavs are to large

G

·
RICDOGG said:
arent wma fileos grande dos??
i think that they are but wav files are the largest cuz they are usually for short small sounds...mp3s are usually smaller and most of the time the best way to go if you have limited web space

·
Registered
137 Posts
.mp3 .wma, etc are all simply encoded .wav files, so they are obviously smaller. You can post mp3s and wmas and such to MS or whereever prohibits such file types by simply changing the file extension. physically change it as you would a file name, and tell whomever is to download it to change the extension back on their computer when they've downloaded it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts