Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No i'm not leaving yours truly but i would like to look into owning an Rx7 and i'd like to see what things they have to deal with........if i do get one it'll be the coupes little brother:D

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Hate Me -

Here's the deal - I work on RX's occasionally, and I used to own a '91 for a month... you should write me some mail, I can give you all the information that you'd like to know about these cars, what to avoid, where to get em serviced, and what to buy FIRST before you mod the car... send me an email at [email protected] or call me and I can talk faster than I can type at 615-585-7711 or 912-231-0181... I'll help you anyway that I can... right now I'm building (well, doing most of the work) on my friend's '93 RX-7 TT... right now it's out of commission (he slid it sideways into a tree - too much power), but to give you an idea of how fast it was before - when he hit full boost in 2nd gear (we had it set at 12lbs in 1st to avoid losing too much traction, and by 2nd it would hit 20lbs)... well anyways in 2nd, 3rd, and 4th the acceleration was so intense that it felt like you were literally going to get a nosebleed... ears wanted to pop... etc... They are great cars, but you need to have ALOT of patience and some seriouse $$ to upkeep one AND have fun at the same time... oh yeah... not good daily drivers... trust me, gimme a call, I'll point you in the right direction (and help you find one if you're really interested)

·
Registered
847 Posts
well, my friend did own one and sold it for "only" 7k after spending 2k every other month just to keep it moving....

Generally, the rotary engines were not built for reliability. The seals that are at the vertexes of the rotating triangle is always rubbing against the cylinder block, thus generates a lot of problems over time. Generally, used RX-7 (S3FD) will have the following problem(info from reputable RX-7 tuner, my research on RX-7 forums, and Mazda Mechanic):

Feul Leak (any where from engine to fuel line. costs major bucks to fix and will leak again somewhere else)
Body Balance Problem (I'm not sure what they meant by that)
Looses Alignment after very short time
And bunch of little problems that just keep coming up

And... sorry, I don't remember the forum's addres anymore :p You should be able to locate one if you search on Yahoo. Overall, I hope you don't get it cuz I think you'll regret it.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
95Legend6Spd said:
Hate Me -

Here's the deal - I work on RX's occasionally, and I used to own a '91 for a month... you should write me some mail, I can give you all the information that you'd like to know about these cars, what to avoid, where to get em serviced, and what to buy FIRST before you mod the car... send me an email at [email protected] or call me and I can talk faster than I can type at 615-585-7711 or 912-231-0181... I'll help you anyway that I can... right now I'm building (well, doing most of the work) on my friend's '93 RX-7 TT... right now it's out of commission (he slid it sideways into a tree - too much power), but to give you an idea of how fast it was before - when he hit full boost in 2nd gear (we had it set at 12lbs in 1st to avoid losing too much traction, and by 2nd it would hit 20lbs)... well anyways in 2nd, 3rd, and 4th the acceleration was so intense that it felt like you were literally going to get a nosebleed... ears wanted to pop... etc... They are great cars, but you need to have ALOT of patience and some seriouse $$ to upkeep one AND have fun at the same time... oh yeah... not good daily drivers... trust me, gimme a call, I'll point you in the right direction (and help you find one if you're really interested)
thanks man i'll keep u on record...great to know worked on them:D

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh thanks for you info too claus

·
Registered
847 Posts
np :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts