Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
theft? My friend has a Coupe and someone broke (poked) the trunk lock out and stole his clothes (was going away for a weekend) and his 2000$ labtop...

He has State Farm, would they cover just the repair of the trunk or the labtop and clothes also?

I think he has
500 Deduct Comprehensive on his policy...

:confused:

·
Registered
223 Posts
Most of the time the auto policy does not cover the contents inside the vehicle unless they are actually part of the car (ie, radio, installed speakers, etc). Sometimes the policy will cover contents, but only up to a certain amount, like $200. The clothes and laptop ARE covered under your friend's Homeowners, Renters, or Personal Articles Policy, if he has one. If he does have one of those policies, then he would have 2 claims: One for the trunk damage under the auto policy and one for the stolen property under one of the other policies. Best thing for him to do would be to call his agent.

·
Registered
397 Posts
"Just like a good neighbor, State Farm is there!" - Motto. I'm thinkin, if they were such a good neighbor, then wouldn't they be peeking out their windows all the time to be nosey :D , oh, that's just my neighbors :) . Let your friend keep in mind, that they WILL be raising his rates, especially if they refund money for a laptop. They're an insurance company, they are always financially going to come out on top. Your friend might be better off just replacing the stuff himself. Holla!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.