Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
acurablist4 said:
its the one with the graphic equalizer. it got a din cable in the trunk. not the bose system. anyone knows???
It can control a Acura CD changer, or older alpine CD changes, I forgot which series. Anyway, the car is pre-wired, so it's just plug and play.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
CD is no where to be found on the face of the unit??

how do u switch from cd to cassette or radio then. if you think it works??? thanks

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
I did the same with my 92 unit (same as yours) but used an Alpine unit (which is what Acura used). Be aware that they used a slightly different DIN plug, so you will need to buy an adapter to get the correct sound out. Otherwise it is out of phase and will sound like only one side is working. The CD lights up on the dial and you just change like you would from FM to AM if I recall. If you buy a different brand other than Alpine or Acura, you will need a separate controller.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Yes, you change it the CD player mode by the AM/FM button~

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi! JJ here... just bought my 2nd Legend... 92 LL with 26K miles -- no kidding! Fell in love with my 88L G1, so was thrilled to find this one...

Saw these posts about pre-wiring for CD player in the trunk. I looked, but only found a rectangular shaped multi-wire plug (unused) in the left rear tail light compartment. Is that what you all are calling a "DIN" plug? If not, where exactly should I look for the DIN plug?

Kindly also request that you advise what model Alpine CD player will work/fit ...

Thanks in advance! JJ

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
the tray on the left hand side of the trunk is where the changer fits....the car is prewired for the CD changer, even if not installed. It has been awhile since doing this, but I think if you remove the plastic tray you may find the connector...I dont think what you found is the audio connector. As for the model number....the number 630 sticks in my mind, but damn, it's been 10 years! Find a good Alpine dealer and he will know...try the search feature on this site too...this has been posted before...sorry I can't remember more....the DIN connector will be attached to a shielded cable, not loose wires.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts