Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This question never even dawned on me when I purchased the Stage ][ chip during the Group Buy but I wanted to know if by replacing my factory ECU chip with the Bayou if I've also eliminated my speed limitations on my speedo??? I haven't had a chance to test it so I don't know for sure... BTW: What is our stock speed limit set to anyways???

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Nick,

One other question.... Our stock speedo clusters have 260 km/h on it (on Canadian models anyways), can a Type I Legend actually go that fast or is this just an exactuation? I've only been able to take my car to 200km/h with the pedal floored and driving on a perfectly flat highway and the car never wants to go any faster... I figured, my speed limiter must have been set to 200km since that's as fast as the car would go....

NickD said:
Stock there is no speed limiter on Legends, only a rev limiter. The Bayou ECU will raise the rev limiter from 6350 on Type I engines or 6500 on Type II engines up to 7000RPM on both.

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
Legends were rated at around 135-138mph with the Type II, I think slightly faster, 142 with the 5spd. The Type II I think are rated for 148-152mph.

This has nothing to do with what the speedo has printed on it. My Dad restored a 1938 Buick Special, that 115hp straight 8 can NOT do the indicated 120mph on the speedo, considering the fastest street car at the time was the Buick Sentry that topped out at 101mph. :)

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
Sotck wise, I don't believe the Legend would be able to ht those speeds, but I do know when modded, it can, at least indicated on the speedometer. PJ has a TYPe I 5-Speed Coupe in which he has burried the needle to the point where it was facing straight down. Now, given speedometer error, I don't believe it is 160+ MPH, but it probably was in the 150s, and defiantely past the 140s.

G

·
Is there any way that you can get something that will tell you your actual speed other than a radar gun. Also, is that really ok for our engines to have the redline raised from 6800RPM to 7000RPM? What else do the chips do other than just raise the shift points? I didn't think that going to the 6800RPM redline was all that great for the car to begin with :rolleyes:.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
7,000 RPM is what the chip raises the rev limiter to on a Type II? I am able to rev between 7300-7400 before mine kicks in.

I once did a high-speed run on the 407 late at night and was able to hit 245 km/h (153 mph) before it really slowed down where I had to wait another couple of minutes before getting it up to 250km/h and beyond. This was with my current mods EXCEPT the stage II (didn't have it at the time). I havn't tried doing another high-speed run since I had the chip installed. Perhaps this summer I'll find an opportunity.

The same night my buddy was also doing his high-speed run with his 94 Supra TT and he did 260km/h but didn't go more as he was scared of some mass vibrations he was getting, perhaps tires weren't balanced properly. He could have pushed more he said.

G

1 - 7 of 7 Posts