Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
LEGEND
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to my memory it does not need any modifications, but i remember a while back some members begged to differ... so those of you who have a Remus on a sedan, did you need to modify anything? Thanks in advance, this is definitely my last Remus post, lol :D

·
LEGEND
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! Hopefully whoever disagreed will see this. Now i remember the remus installation walkthrough on LegendTuner.com ( i love that site btw :)) and it doesn't mention any modifications, that should've convinced me off the bat.

·
Registered
671 Posts
dsm killer (and blo, and everyone else) - it was me. and i apologize - i was wrong, and chrisk set me straight in an email i sent him. i will paste it below, so that you can see where my misinformation came from:

Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 20:58:00 -0400
Subject: Re: question...
To: [email protected]
X-Mailer: Atlas Mailer 2.0
Original-recipient: rfc822;[email protected]

Not true with the Remus Legend specific exhaust. You got confused with the GReddy exhaust. The GReddy is made by Trust of Japan, but they only imported the Coupe exhaust under the GReddy name. That is the exhaust that would need the extention if used on the Sedan. In Japan however, under the Trust name, the exhaust application is available for the Sedan and Coupe. As I mentioned above, the GReddy in the US is the same as the Trust in Japan. The Legend speficif Remus will be a direct bolt on for either Coupe or Sedan, as the muffler, or rear section on both are the same.

Chris

In a message dated Wed, 29 May 2002 6:54:51 PM Eastern Daylight Time, [email protected] writes:

>
> Subj: question...
> Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 6:54:51 PM Eastern Daylight Time
> From: Peter Wallstrum <[email protected]>
> To: [email protected]
> Sent from the Internet (Details)
>
>
>
>
> hey chris - i have a question for you... i remember reading in several
> places that when you install (or get installed) a legend- specific remus
> exhaust on a sedan, that you needed a 4" extension pipe, as the remus was
> originally designed for the coupe. do you happen to know
> for sure if this
> is true? thanks for the help,
>
> wally
sorry about it all...

wally

·
LEGEND
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No prob bro, we're all here to learn, I didn't know the answer to this either before i asked around as well, it's all good :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts