Acura Legend Forum banner
101 - 113 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
91 acura will not start

I have been reading the forums and I bought a new Main Relay plugged it up and thought I fixed the problem. The Car won't Start! I turned the key and no light, nothing comes on. I know their is battery and checked to see the power. I even checked the Main Relay to see if there was power going to it and there is. I don't think its my Ignition switch is the problem or could I be wrong. The key lights up the ignition but nothing on the dashboard lights up. Nothing comes on. Someone please help!

I have a 2 door Acura 92 Legend L 5-speed.
My Acura is doing the exact same thing. Have you received any solutions to this problem??

·
Fut RIP
10,145 Posts
Check your grounds and make sure they are all tight and not corroded. I'm not talking about the battery but the engine and body grounds.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Rough/weird/sometimes perfect start ??

Hey guys, so heres the problem, ill try and post a video soon of this too if needed. Ok. So my legend, sometimes starts fine no issues. Whether it starts rough weird or good, its always running great ! which may eliminate some of the possibillities. Here's what its typically doing. WHen i turn the key (check engine is on) it will crank and turnover, then real quickly turn back off. Sometimes it does that (cranks, turns over, turns off) and then its will save itself and turn back on within a split second. Sometimes a little gas pedal works to start it. Sometimes i gave it gas, had the rpm up to 3 maybe 4k, and still shuts off. Like i said it runs fine. I just the other day did the plugs, fuel filter and a semi kinked intake vacuum hose. It seemed like one of the three did the job but now its back at it. Maybe a bad switch or igniter ? idk. If you need a video let me know. I can get one tomorrow... any questions let me know. thanks

·
Registered
288 Posts
I think it's main relay or ignition switch, looks like my dash lights are doing cutting out when this happens so.I think it's electrical ?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone know where I can buy a banjo bolt for the fuel filter.......other than a junkyard? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm unsure whether this qualifies as a revs-but-doesn't-start issue, but I don't want to start another thread on a similar subject, so I'll try posting about it here first

For about 2 weeks now, when I turn the ignition, my Legend will simply rev low and not start without repeated (around a dozen) very fast pumps of the throttle and one to get the engine going strong which, as we all know with our cars, should not be the case. This must be done nearly every time I start the car, sometimes not, if it's only been off for a few minutes. I've resoldered my EMI, checked the pulse of my injectors, checked for fuel pressure, changed my plugs and checked my coil packs... Before I continue scratching my head and go down the list of shit in the original post I thought I'd post about me just in case someone has an idea as to why this might be happening, and how to go about fixing it

·
Registered
20 Posts
1995 Legend Sedan SE with automatic transmission. Was out shopping, came out to the car and it would crank but not start. Had it towed home. Thought maybe it was the high heat and humidity. Went out next day and it started right up. Drove it all day and I had one minor glitch. When the car was idling, motor just shut off. Cranked it right up, started and ran fine the rest of the day. Next day (this evening) it cranks but does not start. Nothing different with the lights in the dash. Does the computer control spark on this? Where would I look for this as it seemed to have fixed itself, and now the problem came back.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I also rarely had the problem with cranking without starting. i knew about the main relay and so i looked at it.
i found some cold solder joints, if that is the correct term.
Of course I re-soldered them and so far I have no more problems. I think, that's the first thing you can do easily.

Greetings
Ralph

101 - 113 of 113 Posts