Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to my legend and I want to tune it up.

I did a search on psark plugs and have read that copper or platinum is best for these cars. However where can i get them are they on the shelf in auto parts stores?

I also want to change the oil again I changed it about 3 weeks ago and it was very dirty I want to change it again but before i do can i put some type of cleaning agent in there right before i change it? I use valvoline maxlife but should i use 5w 30 or 10w?

also i want to change the tranny fluid what is the best type to use?

any other suggestions a re welcome

It has 140,000 miles on it

· Registered
3,606 Posts
dont use copper spark plugs imo, get either platinum or iridium. the subject on which is better between platinum and iridium goes back and forth on this forum as well as many others. either way they're both good, ngk is good or denso plugs

like chris said, go get honda tranny fluid

as far as the oil goes, theres plenty of solutions out there. do a search on it, i know it's been discussed before. use 5w30 when choosing oil

if you have the money get your timing belt and water pump replaced.

while you're under the car may as well change the differential fluid.

· Registered
4,119 Posts
Suggest you install the NGK plugs. Not inexpensive, but good for 60k miles. You also need to change your fuel and air filters. Check the PCV valve. Should change the cabin filter as well. You may find the best overall price from Acura of Augusta (you will need them for the OEM cabin filter). The platinum plugs are around $72 for the set. You can find a PCV valve less expensive aftermarket. Now would also be the time in which to change the coolant and thermostat. While the coolant is drained clean the throttle body. Not knowing what Preventative Maintenance has been performed recently, you may also wish to change the radiator hoses.

If you have not already purchased it, for an early Christmas present buy yourself a HELM service manual (www.helminc.com). Saving one trip to the repairer will have paid for the manual.

· Looking for Blk/Bk GS6MT
1,354 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.