Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I installed leds in place of the interior bulbs to update the look of the Legend. I noticed that the front dome light doesn't seem to turn off all the way. I didn't notice it at first but one night after I got in my car and the lights turned off like they usually do, I could see that the dome lights were just barely on. Anyone know why the leds don't turn off?

·
FRISCO LEGEND BABY!!!!
9,585 Posts
Sounds like your still drawing a lil bit of power in there. Hows the ground? Make sure the bolts are nice and tight.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Its normal. I changed mine as well and had the same initial concern. Heres the reason:

Keep in mind that LED bulbs draw less power to turn on that normal filament bulbs. Honda designed the stock dome lights to shut off when the doors are closed by drastically reducing the power to it. Given LED's ability to power on with much less power consumption, they still stay on with the limited current being fed to the dome. The only way to completely cut off the curren fed to the dome light is by sliding the light switch on the dome light to off instead of the normal mode. Dont worry, the power consumption is so minimal it wont harm the bulb.

·
FRISCO LEGEND BABY!!!!
9,585 Posts
Ah, something new I just learned lol.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I've turned the dome light off, but at night when I open the door it would be nice to have the inside of the car light up so I can see. Like I said before I didn't even notice it was on at first so it must have been on for a couple of days. When I finally noticed it I was worried about the bulbs killing my battery. So do you think it would be ok to leave the light in the "door open" position and it not affect the car in any way?

·
Registered
81 Posts
They will not kill the battery. LEDs draw very little power. You could leave your car sitting for a week and it would start no problem. If you want to stop the minimal light while it is off, put a diode in series with the cathode of the LED. That should take care of it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.