Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Mr. X (aka #5)
4,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and yes, for you :worthless people, i have before and after.

went up to the local super cuts and said i wanted to donate. they said it has to be 10" to be made into a wig, but that 6" is enough to donate to be sold (im guessing for weaves?) and help the cost of production of the wigs. since i am getting married in a month, i figured now is the time to get it cut and let them have at it.

i got a guy stylist and he was pretty cool (old, like 40's-50's) and kept commenting about how shameful it is that i am chopping off such beautiful hair. since a single pony tail didnt have 6" he literally had to bunch it into a dozen smaller ponytails and then group those together into the final one to ship.

now the pics:

before growing it out, December 2006 (started 7/06 but cant find a pic of it THAT short, it was "double 0" on the sides and ~1/2" on top)

today, 4/6/08:

and after:

dont know if ill ever donate again, it took about a year and a half (maybe a bit more) to grow ~8" at its longest, it would take a good 2-2 1/2 years to grow to a full 10", so thats a lot of annoying hair in my face time.

and before you say anything about how my right eye looks retarded, it has been bothering me all day, ever since i got contact solution in it this morning.

·
FRISCO LEGEND BABY!!!!
9,302 Posts
Damn lol. Feels kinda funny without long hair huh?

·
Mr. X (aka #5)
4,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Damn lol. Feels kinda funny without long hair huh?
i had a bad habit of when i got bored or anxious if you will, to run my hands through it, or what not. even today, i went to do the hair flip to put my hat on and realized it was gone.

nobody else on this site have long hair?

·
because i can.
10,163 Posts
Mines kinda Han Solo-scruffy looking long right now....but I alway shave it off come May...I dont have any current pics, but maybe someone from today's meet might have snuck one? :lol:

Good move having it donated man :thumbsup:

·
Banned
3,692 Posts
I have long hair :giggle: Lol, but my boyfriend has longer hair than I do. It's down past the middle of his back.

·
Xb*x L*v*: * 40 *u*c* *
2,432 Posts
i remember when my old man had LONG hair.. it was down to the middle of his back. and then one day for family pictures, my older brother and i drove out to kent at some weird park and there was this hella random guy with highlights in his hair coming to hug us and then i realized it was my dad :giggle: sorry pop, had to post it

·
Registered
473 Posts
i think i have got about 6 to 7 inches on mine. once the heat starts though it will probably all come off.

·
Xb*x L*v*: * 40 *u*c* *
2,432 Posts
uhm yes. my other 7 inches isn't detachable.
ahah alright alright enough with the seven inch penis inuendos (sp)

everytime i kinda let my hair get long, it starts to poof and get to looking like an afro.. haha WHITE BOY WITH A FRO!! AHAH

·
Banned
3,692 Posts
i remember when my old man had LONG hair.. it was down to the middle of his back. and then one day for family pictures, my older brother and i drove out to kent at some weird park and there was this hella random guy with highlights in his hair coming to hug us and then i realized it was my dad :giggle: sorry pop, had to post it
My dad always had really long hair and then he met his new wife and she made him cut it :(

·
Registered
473 Posts
cfprezskid said:
ahah alright alright enough with the seven inch penis inuendos (sp)
sorry couldn't resist. besides gabe started it. :rofl: :rofl:

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
I have a couple of friends that grow their hair for 2 years then donate them to Childrens Hospital of Orange County (CHOC) :angel:

sam o nela said:
Mines kinda Han Solo-scruffy looking long right now.... but I dont have any current pics.
Here you go :lol: ...Gabe's on the left, gentleman with his backside is Jerry; AKA jkurl <=he's prolly going to donate his hair soon too :D

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
I had very long hair (middle of back) from 8th grade thru senior year of college (one of 2 guys in my business college wirth long hair). I cut it the weekend before my first accounting job interview with a Big 6 firm. Had to cut it, but I got the job :thumbsup: A nice by product was I became more popular with the ladies :naughty: So much so I wished I had cut it years earlier :giggle:

·
Registered
720 Posts
I've some long haggard shag ruggish hair for the past 5-6 years. I've been thinking of loosing it lately along with the beatnick granola look and going with a mohawk or skullet for about a week and figure it out after that.

I'm not sure though, it's been so long since I've had short hair. I tucked the shit into my knit hat the other day and my girl said that I look like a convict with short hair.

If it happens, it'l most likely go down after raging it all night when I could care less. I would totally be able to headbang like a muther fock'r though.

I'll post some pics when I make it home.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts