Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Mr. X (aka #5)
4,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and yes, for you :worthless people, i have before and after.

went up to the local super cuts and said i wanted to donate. they said it has to be 10" to be made into a wig, but that 6" is enough to donate to be sold (im guessing for weaves?) and help the cost of production of the wigs. since i am getting married in a month, i figured now is the time to get it cut and let them have at it.

i got a guy stylist and he was pretty cool (old, like 40's-50's) and kept commenting about how shameful it is that i am chopping off such beautiful hair. since a single pony tail didnt have 6" he literally had to bunch it into a dozen smaller ponytails and then group those together into the final one to ship.

now the pics:

before growing it out, December 2006 (started 7/06 but cant find a pic of it THAT short, it was "double 0" on the sides and ~1/2" on top)

today, 4/6/08:

and after:

dont know if ill ever donate again, it took about a year and a half (maybe a bit more) to grow ~8" at its longest, it would take a good 2-2 1/2 years to grow to a full 10", so thats a lot of annoying hair in my face time.

and before you say anything about how my right eye looks retarded, it has been bothering me all day, ever since i got contact solution in it this morning.

·
FRISCO LEGEND BABY!!!!
9,298 Posts
Damn lol. Feels kinda funny without long hair huh?

·
Mr. X (aka #5)
4,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Damn lol. Feels kinda funny without long hair huh?
i had a bad habit of when i got bored or anxious if you will, to run my hands through it, or what not. even today, i went to do the hair flip to put my hat on and realized it was gone.

nobody else on this site have long hair?

·
because i can.
10,154 Posts
Mines kinda Han Solo-scruffy looking long right now....but I alway shave it off come May...I dont have any current pics, but maybe someone from today's meet might have snuck one? :lol:

Good move having it donated man :thumbsup:

·
Registered
10,156 Posts
nice. so by donating it you didnt make any money huh? ive heard of people making like 300 off selling hair.

im growing mine out, its getting long, and this texas heat is coming soon, i was planning on growing it out for michigan, but its so damn hot now, i might have to get it trimmed or thinned out before i move.

·
Banned
3,690 Posts
I have long hair :giggle: Lol, but my boyfriend has longer hair than I do. It's down past the middle of his back.

·
Xb*x L*v*: * 40 *u*c* *
2,431 Posts
i remember when my old man had LONG hair.. it was down to the middle of his back. and then one day for family pictures, my older brother and i drove out to kent at some weird park and there was this hella random guy with highlights in his hair coming to hug us and then i realized it was my dad :giggle: sorry pop, had to post it

·
Xb*x L*v*: * 40 *u*c* *
2,431 Posts
uhm yes. my other 7 inches isn't detachable.
ahah alright alright enough with the seven inch penis inuendos (sp)

everytime i kinda let my hair get long, it starts to poof and get to looking like an afro.. haha WHITE BOY WITH A FRO!! AHAH

·
Banned
3,690 Posts
i remember when my old man had LONG hair.. it was down to the middle of his back. and then one day for family pictures, my older brother and i drove out to kent at some weird park and there was this hella random guy with highlights in his hair coming to hug us and then i realized it was my dad :giggle: sorry pop, had to post it
My dad always had really long hair and then he met his new wife and she made him cut it :(

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
I have a couple of friends that grow their hair for 2 years then donate them to Childrens Hospital of Orange County (CHOC) :angel:

sam o nela said:
Mines kinda Han Solo-scruffy looking long right now.... but I dont have any current pics.
Here you go :lol: ...Gabe's on the left, gentleman with his backside is Jerry; AKA jkurl <=he's prolly going to donate his hair soon too :D

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
I had very long hair (middle of back) from 8th grade thru senior year of college (one of 2 guys in my business college wirth long hair). I cut it the weekend before my first accounting job interview with a Big 6 firm. Had to cut it, but I got the job :thumbsup: A nice by product was I became more popular with the ladies :naughty: So much so I wished I had cut it years earlier :giggle:

·
Registered
720 Posts
I've some long haggard shag ruggish hair for the past 5-6 years. I've been thinking of loosing it lately along with the beatnick granola look and going with a mohawk or skullet for about a week and figure it out after that.

I'm not sure though, it's been so long since I've had short hair. I tucked the shit into my knit hat the other day and my girl said that I look like a convict with short hair.

If it happens, it'l most likely go down after raging it all night when I could care less. I would totally be able to headbang like a muther fock'r though.

I'll post some pics when I make it home.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.