Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wow, my friend has a 1990 325is, and although we've never raced from a stop (seems like everytime we're in the perfect situation there's either cops, we both are low on gas or have numerous people in the car) but whenever he's driving behind me he switches lanes and blows past me! i always notice him switching so i speed up like punching it speeding up and he still passes me! i researched those things only have 168 hp, it seems like their low end torque is amazing as well as their pickup and high speed capabilities, the same thing happens on the highway!! damn...i must say those things are quick, i had the fastest car at my school for a while till he got his bimmer, and i think he'd beat me now and it p!sses me off! anyone know the secret behind the bimmer? and YES it is a 1990!!!

G

·
I bet that you just aren't down shifting far enough and he probably has a manual. I have raced just about all the cars in the 3 series and haven't had one beat me yet, except for the 330ci which I haven't raced yet. I have even beat an M3 in a freeway race.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the [email protected]

i doubt he has a turbo, everything is stock i've done a thorough inspection of his engine n all that, he has automatic and it is 2 door and rwd. i have automatic 4 door fwd. i dunno if that would make a big impact it just seems that overall his car is just faster. we're both completely stock btw.

·
Registered
847 Posts
make sure you are keeping up the maintainance and reset your ECU by unplugging the fuse. You should win once you guys are up to a certain speed.

·
Registered
248 Posts
claus44 said:
make sure you are keeping up the maintainance and reset your ECU by unplugging the fuse. You should win once you guys are up to a certain speed.
just wondering on this unplugging ecu, how does this help? I never did this when I added exuast and intake...should I do it now? should I idle my car for a certain time before driving?

just curious :)

b

G

·
bing0 said:
just wondering on this unplugging ecu, how does this help? I never did this when I added exuast and intake...should I do it now? should I idle my car for a certain time before driving?
I saw this step in Leon's DIY guide on making a CAI, but I never did it. What does it do?

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
SpeedDemon said:
I saw this step in Leon's DIY guide on making a CAI, but I never did it. What does it do?
Its supposed to let the computer figure out the new fuel/air curve. I really think it automatically adjusts after a couple miles anyways.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Blo said:

Its supposed to let the computer figure out the new fuel/air curve. I really think it automatically adjusts after a couple miles anyways.
actually, it does it automatically but very very slowly(or not as aggresively)... Just try it, unplug the fuse, drive like nuts for 3 days, then feel the difference. After reset, I think the computer learns the driving habit and shift point(for auto) as well. Did loose to a C Coupe several times in "ONE DAY" due to a badly trained ECU, then wasted him several times in "ONE DAY" a few days later with a nicely retrained ECU.

One thing is for certain, my car with CAI and a not resetted ECU sounds different than the one with CAI and resetted ECU.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
claus44 said:

actually, it does it automatically but very very slowly(or not as aggresively)... Just try it, unplug the fuse, drive like nuts for 3 days, then feel the difference. After reset, I think the computer learns the driving habit and shift point(for auto) as well. Did loose to a C Coupe several times in "ONE DAY" due to a badly trained ECU, then wasted him several times in "ONE DAY" a few days later with a nicely retrained ECU.

One thing is for certain, my car with CAI and a not resetted ECU sounds different than the one with CAI and resetted ECU.
I felt no difference by doing this.Maybe it works maybe it doesnt.

·
Registered
131 Posts
mayan! dawg, i got a 94 L Coupe AT, my boys got a 94 325is MT, ive raced him here and there but always a close race. Off the line ive got him a couple times. with him having the advantage of a MT. ive smoked him plenty of times on the freeway. These legends around 4500 rpms get up! Its not how fast you can go its if you know how to drive man!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts