Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you were thinking of putting 235/40 18 inch tires on your car. Don't do it!!!!!!!!! There is a guy here in town that has a G2 coupe with that setup. I spoke with him and said that when he turns it rubs like crazy. He said U-turns suck. Just a little FYI (for your information). Stick with the 225/40 18's and of course with a +42 or better rim.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
what was the offset of the rims? 235's can be done on the coupes. there was a guy here that had em. if you get rims with a high offset and slightly roll u'r fenders out, it can be done.
-j

·
Registered
583 Posts
CakeDaddy said:
...He said U-turns suck. Just a little FYI (for your information). Stick with the 225/40 18's and of course with a +42 or better rim.
Bukowskis Helpful Hints #42

Quicker, tighter U turns are best expidited with a heavy right foot. :D

·
Banned
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
not sure of the offset, there were 18's. I ask next time I see him.

·
Registered
595 Posts
I also have 18's with 235/40's and I needed the fenders in the back rolled so they would tuck properly under load. Not that big of a deal, the bodyshop did it for $50 a side. Be careful if you do it yourself not to crack the paint.

·
Banned
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, I spoke with that guy and his offset was +42, so maybe that was his problem. But thanks for replying back and correcting me. High offset is the way to go I guess.:) I have 225/40 18's with 18x7.5 w/+45 offset. Works for me. No problems. I'd like to see a wheel shot of you guys with the 235/40 18 setup. Just curious. And, what is you alls offset, and rim width?

·
Registered
699 Posts
whats up? i need to borrow my friends digitla camera from some pics but i got 235/40/18 tires with a 43 offset...when i have 3 or 4 people in my coupe which is usally never i do get a little bit of rubbing on U turns. later.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Re: Re: Don't even think about it!!!!

Bukowski=Legend said:

Bukowskis Helpful Hints #42

Quicker, tighter U turns are best expidited with a heavy right foot. :D
And also with the addition of of RWD, aggressive final drive, and extreamly torquey engine. Hehehe. GRAN DRIFTO:cool:

·
Registered
583 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Don't even think about it!!!!

C25A1guy said:

And also with the addition of of RWD, aggressive final drive, and extreamly torquey engine. Hehehe. GRAN DRIFTO:cool:
yeah, maybe, but the Starski and Hutch full throttle Ebrake powerslide is way cool with fwd....:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts