Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the silver/chrome coating peeling off anyone else's inside front door handles (I've got a coupe - don't know if sedan has same problem)
Anyway, I'm going to take off my door panel today to try and fix my master control switch (w/ the help of Spiff's directions). I think I will also remove the door handle and see what could be done to cover the peeling chrome/silver

Any suggestions? Anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Be careful not to break the plastic that hold the pivot arm that manipulates the cable to open the door. Keep the door panel as close to the door as possible until you or a friend can free the cable from the hole.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
TypeIICoupe said:
Is the silver/chrome coating peeling off anyone else's inside front door handles (I've got a coupe - don't know if sedan has same problem)
Any suggestions? Anyone else have this problem?
No, my chrome coating on my doorhandles isn't..but on my Emergency brake, on the lower/non-visible side, I can feel the chrome coating starting to peel...Sometimes I catch myself accidentally playing with it, making it peel faster...I need to quit:p

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,496 Posts
Re: Re: Door handles!

Matt Whelan said:

No, my chrome coating on my doorhandles isn't..but on my Emergency brake, on the lower/non-visible side, I can feel the chrome coating starting to peel...Sometimes I catch myself accidentally playing with it, making it peel faster...I need to quit:p
I dont have the problem on my door handles but it is starting to peel on the emergency brake thingy. Really doesnt bother me but if there's a solution then let me know.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am working with a chrome coating that will then be covered by some sort of clear substance to keep the seams of the chrome from peeling again...it may take a while
but I'll continue to post any results

·
Registered
143 Posts
peeling chrome.. solution?

would clear nail polish work to seal what's left of the chrome? i havent actually tried it, and it may just eat through the chrome instead... but it could also seal it pretty well... just a thought.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Re: peeling chrome.. solution?

MrOnions said:
would clear nail polish work to seal what's left of the chrome? i havent actually tried it, and it may just eat through the chrome instead... but it could also seal it pretty well... just a thought.
I wouldn't know..I havn't delt with Nail polish much..:D Are you Ms. or MrOnions...Transvestite?:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.