Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on my 86 4Door, when the drivers door is open, the chime dings regardless of whether there is a key in the ignition, is this normal operation of the chime? It is very aggravating and I am hoping it is something wrong. It wakes my son up every time when we get home and it is time to unload said car.

·
Registered
427 Posts
hey i use to get that charm noise sound too but now i don't. i think when i leave my lights on while the car is off the charm goes on. can someone tell me how to get it back is it the fuse? i played with my horn or alarm switch under the top right corner of the hood.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
pipes_0 said:
hey i use to get that charm noise sound too but now i don't. i think when i leave my lights on while the car is off the charm goes on. can someone tell me how to get it back is it the fuse? i played with my horn or alarm switch under the top right corner of the hood.
Check your door sensor. It's a little sliding lever in the doorjamb.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Same problem here....
I get the key-in-ignition reminder sound no matter whether the key is in the ignition or not. The irony is that I didn't have this problem until one day I sprayed WD40 in the ignition hoping to make it a bit softer (I regreat doing that so much). WD40 worked fine for a day or two, and then then alarm problem started. I believe the problem is that WD40 eventually dries up and thin layer of lub that it leaves inside the lock cylinder is not enough to avoid stickiness. I then tried using grease and silicone lub, but same result: worked fine a couple of days later the problem started again. Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks a lot.

1989 Acura Legend Coupe L - 5 Speed.

·
Registered
102 Posts
lube

hey guys,
I lube my locks with Triflow, a locksmith recommended it (has Teflon so still effective after the carrier evaporates), and it works great. I have not tried it in the ignition though.
It does leave a black residue on the key for the first few days so be careful with light clothing, it is the dirt etc. that is 'washed' out.

Good luck,
J

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.