Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got swiped in a dark parking lot a couple months ago down the entire length of both drivers side doors. I had my uncle take a quick look at it and he said at his shop it would run $1000 to $1500.
so now i wanna see how much the total would be to swap the doors. if anyone has bought doors online, how much was shipping?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the replies, i'm thinking more of used ones from somewhere like car-part.com i'm trying to price out my options:
1. fix at body shop $1-1.5k
2. replace with used matching color doors from local yard..(cheapest, but hard color to find)
3. replace with matching used door shipped (prolly 2nd cheapest and easiest)
4. replace with repainted door from local yard (3rd cheapest?)
anyone ever had just a door repainted? how much?

thanks again for the replies, i'm starting to feel like i might actually be able to afford to have damage free doors again

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
yea i saw your thread yesterday, your car was soooo clean too. hopefully all your damage was confined to the door and fender and not the frame. i will definitely update with any info i find. i saw g2 doors for as low as $70 on car-part.com, the unknown is the shipping tho... but even if its 100 shipping each id total about 400 compared to 3x that much at a body shop

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yea the skin is about 230 or the whole door is about 415 but i'm guessing it's unpainted. i'd like to get away without paint if i can just cuz its cheaper. i can't afford to spend too much on this, so i have to hope i can find a cheap solution, otherwise i'll just be rollin with wrinkles for a while til i win the lottery haha

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.