Acura Legend Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, everything is a go. We are going through AP Signworks in ATL. When the time is right I am going to need Leon and/or Hate Me Now to go down to the shop in ATL so the guy can get sill measurement, if you are willing to help me. If not I will need to find another ATL legend to help me.

If you still want in on the group buy post in the other thread, not here. This thread is to decide what styles we want.

Basically, to get a low group buy price we need a consensus on what style we want. I figure we will go with brushed aluminum sill in the inspire style, only with our own lettering. Most likely we will go with ACURA or LEGEND.

We are looking at $75-$100 per set.

IF YOU WANT DIFFERENT LETTERING OR STYLING OUTSIDE OF THE GROUP BUY IT WILL COST YOU MORE.

I HOPE TO GET A CONSENSUS WITH AT LEAST 10 SEDANS AND 10 COUPES ON ONE SINGLE STYLE. IF YOU WANT A DIFFERENT LETTERING STYLE IT WILL COST MORE BECAUSE THE ENGRAVER WORKS INDEPENDENTLY OF AP SIGNWORKS.

So lets figure out what we want.

For my vote, I say brushed aluminum inspire style sills that say LEGEND.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
That's fine with me, If I had a say I would have it read " TYPE II" instead :D :D

·
Registered
223 Posts
I too like the brushed aluminum. Can the lettering guy just do the Acura symbol? I think I'd like that better than Legend or Acura written out. If he can't do it, then I'd go with Legend.

·
Registered
702 Posts
i've been hearing a lot about picking a style....what are the different style choices available? any pictures of the different styles?

thanks

·
Registered
9,146 Posts
can we get some info on the cost of custom lettering. It sounds like it is about split between acura or legend and something different. Maybe how much the engraver will charge for different lettering or design.
Later!
Lee

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Yeah, would it even be cheaper to just go with the 'A' emblem?

If Acura or Legend turns out to be the only choices then I'll go Legend.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
DaTimez420 said:
i've been hearing a lot about picking a style....what are the different style choices available? any pictures of the different styles?

thanks
There are things like chrome instead of silver, but that would be a $50 hike in price, as well as black chrome lettering which is an extra $100.

Basically, we need to agree on the sills for the group buy, then if you really want to go your own way on the style then I can check on how much it would be. However, I need to complete the list of people who are in on the group buy and what style the group buy wants first, then I can go about getting the custom changes done to it.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
sleeprlegendcp said:
can we get some info on the cost of custom lettering. It sounds like it is about split between acura or legend and something different. Maybe how much the engraver will charge for different lettering or design.
Later!
Lee
Yeah, if you decide to not go with the group buy style, and I can see about getting what you want, but it will cost more.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Matt (92legend, our esteemed leader :) ) wants to go with Inspire style door sills with OEM font, the same as the font at the top of the screen, and will use the word LEGEND. I think that would look pretty good. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Yes, like Infinite said.... I would like the door sills to be exactly like the Inspire type, with the lines on each side, but say "LEGEND" in the center and in the OEM LEGEND Font like on my forum logo....

That will add originality to them...instead of just saying Acura...There are plenty of Acuras but if it says LEGEND it will be original and look better...I just love that OEM LEGEND Font...thats why I used it:)
Seriously OEM Font will look the best...

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
I'll be in for 4 door, and I want it to say LEGEND, acura looks too generic, I want mine to curtail to my car.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.