Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Lock Problem

Typically What Goes Wrong With Hondas And Acuras As Far As Door Lock Problems Such As Yours-is The Fact That The Latch Seizes Up And The Only Remedy Is To Replace The Latch. How To Replace That Latch Is A Different Story, You Have To Find A Way To Remove The Inside Door Panel To Get The Door Open And Then Proceed To Replace The Latch, Not A Cheap Repair!!!!!

· Registered
315 Posts
actually your problem is very easy to fix. i had the same problem. its probly broken because you pulled too hard on your handle when the door was not unlocked, thats wat happend to me. THe latch right behand the handle is broken. just remove the handle section of the door and you can see the problem. you dont even have to remove the whole door. well just use "JBweld" and glue the plastic pieces that are broken, bak together. Sorry about my descriptions because i dunno the technical terms for the parts. Well anyways it is very easy and only takes about 15 mins to complete the job. good luck...if u need more info just msg me.

· Registered
580 Posts
Noo noo noo. When I was trying to fix the door lock actuator, i broke that plastic peice your talking about, I put glue on it, and before i could screww the face panel back on it broke again, I opened that small latch with the two screws, and dumped two bottles of super glue on there and left it to dry over night, it worked but if you open the door normally the glue cant hold and it breaks, so you have to pull the latch very slowly to get it to open. I get so embarrased when Im at a bestbuy and people are looking at me opening the door from the outside.

· Registered
315 Posts
GhstRider said:
but its not the door handel thats broken its a (metal wire - i think) thats attached to the back of the door handel thats broken
thats exactly what happend to my car....JB weld will work....i used it and its been almost a year....no problems.

JB weld is an adhesive...when it dries it is like METAL....
OH yea....when u apply it on the broken plastic dont try to open it for at least a day ( i might be exaggerating but hey, better safe then sorry). gl

· Registered
315 Posts
JB weld is an adhesive u can buy at any hardware store, even wall mart. it comes with 2 bottles, when u meix them it gets hard fast. It is usually used on metal stuff, like patching up a hole in the gas tank etc.

Wait...is it the plastic piece that broke or the metal wire? cuz if its the plastic piece do what i told u, but if its the metal wire, i dunno wat to tell u.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.