Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a thought......Just a thought.

Being around many of my fathers friends which of whom are, well, I chose to call enthusiastic maniacs over cars, I get many crazy ideas and one is this..

what do you think of getting the the four windows of a coupe reinforced with another sheet of glass, you know like the S-class has for sound deadening purposes, I ask because I know someone who had this done to his car (not a Legend of course) and you can hear the difference (I've been in his car before the job) they do an awesome job factory finish, you can go to one of those custom armored car joints like the ones advertized in the DuPont Reg. and have it done they will even modify your window seals and inner door frame and everything and if you want you can even get it bullet proof:p

Now, I can't see doing this to an Acura, its not that serious to me, but just a thought.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Well, do you want the double pane windows for the sound deadening like the old S-class with a hollow vacuum in the middle? or do you want it bulletproof? like the armored version of the 7 series? I like the idea of double pane for sound deadening, but for bulletproofing, not yet, I'm not that rich and not that famous! hehehee........ so I just need quieter ride. :D :D :D

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Alex if u want a quiter ride, ask i think Bing about soundproofing your whip with peel and seal, he said it's like dynamat only alot more inexpensive, he did his entire interior, showed pics and everything this was on the old forum of course

·
Registered
851 Posts
Hehhee........... I already did that, all of my floor, door, quarter panel, trunk, trunklid are all sound deadened, just my roof is not, hehehee......., but I can use more sound deadening. My car is now as heavy as a tank, and especially with all of the new audio gear on my trunk, damn!, I can feel that my car is actually slower than before. Need more power, A LOT MORE!!!!!! hahhaha!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
What did u use for the deadning?

·
Registered
851 Posts
Hmmm....... parts the original dynamat, and part is the el cheapo stuff, no name dynamat, but the same exact stuff. I don't know the name. And I might later on add Cascade sound deadening, the thin flexible aluminum padded by foam. I don't know which model is it, I just forget.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Now that sounds sweeeeeet especially if its fit and finished and look factory I know that cost some $$$$$$$$ and no I wouldn't get that done to an Acura either. Cool thought though.. ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts