Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well one of my problems was my battery would drain every once in a while. I couldn't figure out why, today LPB on this forum, solved it without knowing. I knew there was some sort of "short" or drain in the system, I just didn't know what. He suggested something was staying charged/on... Well the first thing he suggested checking if the Trunk Light was going off...

Well, when he said that, I got to thinking... my "Trunk Warning Light" (On the dasboard, the red one) has always worked backwards.. saying my trunk was closed, when it is actually open... and saying it is open when it is closed...

So if my car thinks my trunk is OPEN, when it is actually is closed... then.. the little light might be going on when it's CLOSED!

My dad said, son! put me in trunk! LoL.. so I did.. and when the trunk was closed.... THE LIGHT WOULD BE ON.. thus draining the battery at all times. This is also the reason I thought the stupid light never worked, because when the trunk was opened.. the car thought it was closed and no light would turn on!! Ahhhh

Anyways, we opened the trunk switch, and found a metal contact, like a copper contact, it was out of place, we adjusted it.. and guess what... My inner trunk light now operates properly, and so does the one my dashboard...

Problem Solved, thank you LPB, and everyone else who was throwing ideas around :)

One problem down, the VSS is next.. LOL

·
Registered
847 Posts
good work, now let's get the VSS fixed and have our little SGV meet:D

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
haha, I'm getting there man. Still worried about college starting up, I'm pretty sure I'm going to nail a job down here at the MUSD district. $12/hr. However, i'm still in bad need of a temp job, doing minor tech-for-hire on computer stuff now and then, isn't really working well. Applies all types of places for a part-time job, none have come through, any place in Alhambra hiring? =/

Eletronics/Computers/Gaming/Car retail stores?
Montebello is dry right now, damn economy !

1 - 4 of 4 Posts