Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the "drifting" that people refer to sometimes on the board? Sometimes people mention that they should go drifting (in their cars I assume). The only idea I have is some connection to the DRIFT option (concerning handling characteristics) on GT3 for PS2 :cool:

enlighten me :confused:

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,943 Posts
If you do go drifting, I hope you don't really care about the outward appearence of your car, or about tire wear :) Or, you better have money for all the body work repairs and new tires.

·
Registered
847 Posts
in basic terms, that means the nose of the car has a sharper angle than the turn while the tires are over their limit and the car is understeering. Then, the driver counter steers and regain controll of the car/tire right before they exit the turn so that they can take a sharp corner at a much higher speed than the "grip" running style.

·
Registered
614 Posts
actually drifting doesnt really allow you to turn at a higher speed... its all fo show... the japs really love this though. but yea do not attempt on a fwd vehicle unless you know what you are doing... see it done before in an integra type r

·
Registered
847 Posts
try it on a FWD or AWD, then you'll notice how great a difference it made. Especially the corner exit speed.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
"drifting" is an added ability that helps in certain type of racing catagories, One in catagory in particular where it's needed is in Rally racing, when any of ya get a chance and tune in to the speedchannel and watch, u guys are gonna be hangin' with your mouths wide open when u see those cars flying around corners that leave no room for mistakes ;)

·
Premium Member
9,173 Posts
my 240sx worked great for drifting. it also helps keep the RPM's up when you're exiting a corner. as far as Legend Drifting, you better get a rock hard suspension and unlimited funds for tires. not recommended.

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
Drifiting is real cool. Someone had sent me a 5 minute link of BMW's drifiting in Japan. That video looked real sick, and made me wanna go out to japan and enjoy their import scene.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Triton3K said:
Drifiting is real cool. Someone had sent me a 5 minute link of BMW's drifiting in Japan. That video looked real sick, and made me wanna go out to japan and enjoy their import scene.
Now if you go to Japan, wouldn't it be domestic scene instead of import scene :D

·
Registered
193 Posts
Ya, don't try drifting in the Legend, trust me, I've tried it. The car is heavy, its FWD and when your done, the Legend doesn't slide back like my friends 240SX, you get whipped back.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the info guys. I don't plan on trying it in my car though heh heeh:eek: .
I have seen it before, but now I know what it's called. I went to a rally race a few weeks ago and they were kinda doin it there, but they weren't the best drivers.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Hey Triton can u shoot that link of the Bimmer to me son?

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Oh hey there!!!! A THREAD ON DRIFTING!!! YES!!!! If anyone wants to see a real drift car, I'll put mine up if someone can post it for me... They're older pictures, but you'll get the idea...

DRIFTING RULES!!!! (JDM fever again...)

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
95Legend6Spd said:
Oh hey there!!!! A THREAD ON DRIFTING!!! YES!!!! If anyone wants to see a real drift car, I'll put mine up if someone can post it for me... They're older pictures, but you'll get the idea...

DRIFTING RULES!!!! (JDM fever again...)
I can try to post them for you. Email them to me :
[email protected]

I wanna see. I have been very curious about the Starion (25 lbs Boost!!!!) :eek:

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Hey BLF i tried sending u some but i got a message that says your quota is exeded

1 - 20 of 23 Posts