Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a coupe. my window has been getting slightly louder and louder. i noticed that its starting to stick on the roll down.

can any of the parts be replaced so it smoother on the way down and has a tighter seal? theres alittle plastic thingama-jig on the window piliar. ..understand that it helps hold the window in and helps tighten it. is this whats need to be replaced.

HELP!!!!!! ....noise is messin with me and my beats!!!!!!!

thanks in advance.

6speedcoupe

·
Registered
424 Posts

·
OG Member
1,498 Posts
It looks like too much work...(yeah I'm lazy and don't have much time in my hands) how much do you think a shop or dealer would charge for that. Mines getting annoying too.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I was quoted $260 for the repair: $80 for the part (Acura of Augusta has it for $60 something) leaving $180 for labor. Your dealer may price it differently.

Scott

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i saw the problem....

its the outer seal. when the window rolls down the bottom part of the seal folds and causes the glass to slow down and stick. ...yea that tutorial look hecka complicated.

as far as the noise. ...its funny. when i roll up the window at low speeds its a tighter seal but when traveling at higher speeds (70+) the seal isn't that great.

thanks guys.

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
I have a similar problem on my car but its the drivers side window. Evertime i'm going over 50mph i just hear wind noise and since I have no music I gotta put up with this sh!t. I know its the outer window regulator that aligns the window properly and I tried fixing it but still nothing. I might just get the part from Acura of Augusta and have my mechanic or dealership install it.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
sfearing said:
I was quoted $260 for the repair: $80 for the part (Acura of Augusta has it for $60 something) leaving $180 for labor. Your dealer may price it differently.

Scott
What is the part?

·
Registered
432 Posts
The part is called the window run channel. I don't have the part # for the coupe yet but it should be coming from Acura of Augusta in a week. That link to the tutorial should list the part numbers there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts