Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you had to replace the rubber track the the window rides up on, mines is popping out at the top which makes my window roll up very slow..How much can I expect to pay for this ...Pre-shate the help

·
Registered
56 Posts
This just happend to me. About 3" of rubber came out of place so I had to take the door apart and put it back in place. It's fine now and th window works better then before.

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
i'm having the same problem with mines and wanna fix it rather than pay for the new rubber thingy. I hate it because at high speeds, I get alot of windnoise. Is this fairly easy to do and how long would it normally take?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Bishop how hard of a job is it, because I heard it can be a pain to remove the door panels..

·
Registered
744 Posts
Guys and Gals.

To those who are removing the door panel. This process shoud take you 2 minutes or less.

Following the Helm manual - I went to track auto and bought a 4 dollar "trim tool" made by AC-DELCO. This tool looks like a screw driver but angled at one end with a u shape tip. This slides between the panel and the door and slides below the plastic screw clips (for lack of the correct naming). Once you have unscrewed the two screws in the handle, the one screw on the arm rest, and the other screw in the upper portion closest to the hinge, POP the clips with this tool..... THEN the door panel lifts up and off the door. I found it MUCH MUCH easier to remove the panel with the window down. Once you have hold of the panel carefully remove the electrics plus the cable.

KNLNGUS

·
Banned
618 Posts
Can Anyone make a DIY with pics? i really need to fix this on my vehicle. I tried spraying WD40 to make it go faster but the rubber seal is broken and the window is poppen out. thanks!~

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
WD40 is the wrong thing to use anyway....only use Silicone spray...WD 40 is a water displacing agent and not a great lube, especially on rubber, it will deteriorate it.

·
Banned
618 Posts
so what is that i actually do ? have any pics? its hard for me . sorry!~

Hey good luck with your brake pads / rotors / and master cyclinder, i jsut had mines done, oh yeah i also purchased mines from racing concepts, nice guy. i met him at his shop .

Any ways, i'll see if i can take a picture of my damaged rubber window seal. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have the same issue....taking better care of my cars is 1 of many things I hope the new year brings in.....if/when I do this, I'll put up pics (I have a 1 year old, so don't expect it too soon).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts