Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The driver's side window on my 87 coupe has developed a problem. When I put the window all the way up, it is out of alignment. Also, when it reaches the top, there is a very LOUD "POPPOPOPOPOPOP" noise. The longer I hold the window button up, the longer it makes this repeated popping noise. I'm guessing the window regulator, but, I'm an idiot when it comes to cars. Any ideas? Thanks.
jessie

· Registered
779 Posts
the popping noise is the gear at the end being push on by the motor when this happens STOP!

to adjust your window take the panel off the door and there is a guide the actuator slides on that needs to be adjusted and there are also limiters that also need to be adjusted

· Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I appreciate the info. Anyone know if the manual has information on how to do this? I've done a thread search, but, didn't come up with much, so far. Thanks again.
jessie

· Registered
2,316 Posts
Acctualy, the noise you described does in fact sound like the window regulator. There was a TSB on this and basicly all you can do is replace the regulator. The spring inside rubs against the steel when tension is applied or taken away. Hope this helps. Can someone find this TSB to back me up?

· Registered
72 Posts
Replacing the window regulator yourself isn't too difficult, I just did it myself two weeks ago. Went to the junkyard and found one with pointy gears on my third try (they get rubbed down when old). $30 and 1.5 hours total (I just moved a mile away from the junkyard).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.