Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I can get the driving lights with the switch for a '90 LS? I will buy for a good cost!

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have factory aux lights on my car. They are the clear serrated lens Bosch model, so I think that they are actually fog lights. IMO they are practically useless. I would make sure you are getting driving lights if you want to increase distance lighting. I haven't gotten around to writing Bosch to see if they have a replacement driving light reflector/lens assembly that will fit into my housings. I can't buy them locally anymore and their website doesn't list aux lights. Maybe they don't make them anymore.
Look at the the aftermarket manufacturers too. Hella has a model that is rectangular like the factory look, but uses newer free form reflectors (less hot spots). They have actual light patterns on their website so you can see what the lights will do. Piaa is also good. Catz I don't know much about. Pilot and Blazer are average to low end (some models don't even use relays). Of course if you have to park in high risk areas, don't buy really nice lights.
Watch the wattage too. Some less expensive lights only have 35watt bulbs.
Good luck.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1 light?

Why do you only have 1 light? I need both of them, 2 lights. I've seen legends with um and it looks sweet. Anyone have 2 lights with the switch and the covers? Pay almost anything to get them.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I think i have the covers for them... the little black covers. I just took the stock fogs off to put aftermarket ones in. The orignal ones that come stock are made by Bosch but they are fog lights - not driving lights. They are retangular. I would recommend getting aftermarket ones. They will look better and be brigter.

But, if you want the same kinda look,(not sure why you would want that look) try asking people in the buying/selling section of this forum. If that doesn't work just go to your local car parts store and pick up some rectangular fog lights. The hard part to find the switch that will fit perfectly in the dash. I would look in the store for a mounting kit that has that kinda part. Usually you can find a wiring kit. If not- try a junk yard and just pull it outta some old car. To mount the fog lights unscrew the two screws on the bumper signal lights... pull those out... and then right behind them there should be two holes about 2-3 inches apart.. that is the place were you screw them in. You should be able to mount them with some other kinda bracket.
I just sold my old foglights for $5... wish you woulda told me sooner. If ya have any other questions lemme know.

'90 LS coupe

20% tint
Custom clear bumper lenses
Custom mesh grill
Kenwood 10 Disc CD
166,000 miles

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Dealer Installed Fog/Driving Lights

The fog lights that originally came on my coupe were dealer installed. They turn off when the high beams are on and all that jazz. The previous owner didn't really care for the fog lamps, so he swapped the lenses with Bosch driving light lenses. I don't thing that these lights were ever offered as driving lights. I'm probably wrong......

I put in some 100W H-3 bulbs and they work well. But they suck when the weather turns ugly....lots of back-glare.

From what I can tell from the installation instructions, it looks like it came as a kit. I know that most if not all the parts aren't available from the dealer anymore.

·
Registered
4 Posts
folg lights

I bought a new one to replace a broken one, I never replaced it, Dealer used to stock light separately , part no 08170-sgoao-01 I have I thik two covers, have install directions and wiring harness with relays and maybe extra switch. let me know if interested/

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Diving Lights

I'm very interested in anytips that anyone has to give me. I'm startin to get the point that Bosh is pretty good, but I do need to get those covers! That's really what I'm after. The wireing would be nice to have with the switch is would be great too. Offer almost any price. Email me at [email protected]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts