Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ahh, the pleasures of driving. I had two midterms today and one of them really sucked, while the other only mildly sucked. Anyway, I was in a bad mood and it seemed like a good time for a drive. I remembered a fun little road with a sharp turn every 50 feet that I had driven once before and had an absolute blast on and thought I’d see if I could find it again. I asked my friend if he wanted to go, he’d had the same two midterms, and he heartily agreed. So we jumped in our cars and headed out for a good ol’ game of follow the leader. He has a ’91 Celica that’s stock except for an intake. We wound our way through traffic till we got to the twisty parts and all of a sudden all traffic disappeared, it was magical. We were at a stop light with me in the lead and I gave him the thumbs up and stomped on it.

The tach swung it’s way to redline with glee and we were off, I grabbed second and smiled as the tires chirped. I hit the first turn at about 45 in second and laughed at the sign that said 25. The konis held up and she almost leaned into the turn, no squeals here, just good g-loads. I hear the sucking of his intake disappear in the distance as I swing left, then right, then back left. A short straight and I grab third, only just in time to mash the brakes and drop it down again for a turn posted 15mph. I nail the fun pedal halfway through and rocket out the other side at 35. The celica is long gone and I slow down a bit till it catches up again. I look around, “gee, it’s a nice neighborhood around here, I wonder what all the rich folks think about the noise I'm making”, then I see that little red hood come around the turn behind me. Vrrrrrooom, she bogs a little in third then starts to go, it’s not fast enough so I grab second. My ears tell me the tach swung past that magical 4000 rpm and the engine screams its delight. My world fades to that little yellow line and signs telling me how fast I should be taking the next turn. All I hear is the growl of the engine and the complaining of tires pushed to their limits, all I feel is the lateral loads and the feedback through the steering wheel telling me when I’m about to lose it. I’m in heaven. I could have kept going forever but the celica couldn’t keep up and I couldn’t just leave him out there so kept slowing down. All in all we drove for about 45 minutes and I left all my stress out there on the road. I feel like a new man now and ready to take on my next midterm….ugh.

If anyone has any other good driving stories post them, I’m sure all would love to hear them.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
sounds like it was a blast wish i could've joined:(

1 - 2 of 2 Posts