Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey. I've been thinking about dropping my 89 legend sedan for awhile now. I'd really like to know what your experience has been like, such stuff as:

-re-adjusting the camber within factory specs?
-alignment problems (or lack there of)?
-wearing out tires?
-scraping?
-performance or asthetic improvments?
-brands to avoid or try?

any help would be greatly apriciated. just wondering, as I've read some pretty serious warnings about lowering G1's...:confused:

thanks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I want airbags!!!

But i imagine they would be too expensive/advanced for me.

I saw some pics of some acks slammed... i also want my 90 sedan dropped.

·
Registered
386 Posts
DROPPING A G1 COUPE OR SEDAN!!!!

Lowering a cars center of gravity has HUGE advantages. Excelleration is improved, cornering is improved, braking is improved, the car is more stable at high speeds,and it looks a hell of alot better. There are some draw backs to lowering as well. If you lower a car TOO LOW you could damage the transmission, bumps become unbearable, you wear out the innner tires faster, instead of improving on the cars performance you have it has taken a turn for worse. Lowering a car is a matter of preference but, it is also a matter of good since. While a giving a car a really low stance may give it a menacing appearence your back may not be appreciating it. You also take the risk of damaging your transmission because it sits lower than the rest of the car. Lowering your car is a GOOD THING but, lowering a car TOO LOW is a bad thing. Since you are going to lower it just be cautious remember you are driving on everyday highways and roads. I don't think any of us has to get on the track to get to and from work everyday. The most I am going to lower my G1 coupe is 1 1/2 inches in the rear and 1 3/4 inches in the front. I'm going to use Ground-Control lowering springs because they allow me to adjust the height of my car whenever I choose to. I can slam it for a show and then before I make my way home I can raise it back to my desired height. So I get the best of both worlds.:cool:

·
Registered
583 Posts
Just got my car aligned today after the drop.
Came in on the high side of specs on camber. 1.61 vs 1.5 deg stock. So I won't be wearing out a lot of tires.
I have the inTrax springs which have about the lowest rating for G1s at 1.75 f&r. My front is about 1.6 and rear is about 1.5 lower which is plenty low. The "Belly" of our cars is a lot lower than the rockers & front/rear bumper dams.
If you got the extra $ then do like bigs and go with the GCs. If I get different suspension, that's what I'm going to do also.

You can see a pic of my 88 in "did the drop" thread.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
I love it. I just need new shocks. I mean, I really need new shocks, but I love the way the car rides and everything now. She looks a million times better. Just as soon as I get new shocks and some 17's, I'm set.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bukowski=Legend said:
Just got my car aligned today after the drop.
Came in on the high side of specs on camber. 1.61 vs 1.5 deg stock. So I won't be wearing out a lot of tires.
I have the inTrax springs which have about the lowest rating for G1s at 1.75 f&r. My front is about 1.6 and rear is about 1.5 lower which is plenty low. The "Belly" of our cars is a lot lower than the rockers & front/rear bumper dams.
If you got the extra $ then do like bigs and go with the GCs.
wow, i saw your pics earlier and really really like your set up, looks way sleek.:cool: i think the intrax drop would be too low for my daily commutes, but i was checking out the prices and tips, and thought going with the Tokiko struts and Eibach springs would be a good match. so if you got 1.61 on your front camber with a 1.6 inch drop, that means i'll be...even more close to stock specs w/ a smaller 1.25" eibach set up, right?

·
Registered
583 Posts
Sounds sound. :)
Might have a difficult time with the Tokicos. They DC'd the G1 line. I have a set of new rears to put back up on the for sale page. Will do so this afternoon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts