Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i am def. thinkin bout dropin my 92 coupe.. i want h&r springs with koni struts.. my friend had a jetta n droped his like 2..77 and he is like beggin me not to do it he says that it strees alot of stuff like his tierods and i will be very unhappy with it cause things will start breakin and all of that b.s.... ok im gonna give you the lay out... i got 150,000 miles. . i got oem struts n srping in the front.... in the rear i got monroe struts with oem springs.. wat exact setup should i do..... also i wanna mention that my 17's were rubbin a lil when i frist got em so i rolled the rear fenders and there aight now unless i whip a turn with 2 peeps in the back.. i reall jus curious on wat should i do and how much cause i dont want to create more problems like my friend is saying to me.. but please w/b thank you very much......jon

·
502MotorSports.com
9,296 Posts
H + R and Koni's is a great setup, but has minimal adjustability...
Ground Control Adjustable Coilovers and Koni's offers maximum adjustability for a reasonable price. 0-3+ inches all around.
JIC Coilovers are even better, a true coilover, yet quite expensive, but if your $$ is long, go for it.

As far as your wheels rubbing, the coilovers can help, and a greater help would be to get a set of rims with a higher positive offset...miniumum of +42mm

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats cool but is that gonna affect my car in ways my friend with the jetta said leon? plus where can i get a set of cheap koni's

·
502MotorSports.com
9,296 Posts
as with any modification, you are subject to advanced wear if precautions are not made. Luckily, the tie-rods on our cars are relatively inexpensive - $60/side, (and IMO, worth the money to be replaced if and when they go bad) so worth the extra route to get your car's stance the way you want it.

you can gert Koni's from Gil at [email protected]

·
Banned
2,260 Posts
sAnE said:
thats cool but is that gonna affect my car in ways my friend with the jetta said leon? plus where can i get a set of cheap koni's
Plus, its hard to compare a VW with an Acura. The VW may have other hidden issues. What offset do you have on your rims. You mentioned rubbing when you put them with the OEM springs and shox, plus you rolled you fenders. HMMM. Im concerned about your wheel size and offset.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i dont knowe the offset i ordered them through victoria tires and wheels.... they are alessio turbo hyper back rims.. 215 45 17 the rims are 17x7.5 i duno if i dropoed the car staight down it looks like the side wall would hit the outside of my fender i loove thwese rims tohugh the looks is soo nice n fits thats why i was asking if i could have shaved the offset of them so they stick in the whell well then i could slam my car.. thanks ...jon

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
First our cars can never ever be compared to a VW period. So with that said forget everything your buddy told you, I had a VW Jetta 16V GLI (Moded out and sweet) these cars are very different only thing they have in common with a Legend is that they're both imports (assuming you understand the obvious principles of aftermarket tampering from one car model to the next). Your problem sounds like you have an offset problem (very common), if you rolled your fenders and you're still have rubbing with 215/17 7.5 its definitely the offset, so you have two choices, chuck the wheels and get a 42+ or higher or live with the stock height, its likely a price we all pay when we don't consider future suspension mods when purchasing aftermarket wheels.

Or as mentioned before you can find a shop to do that shaving of off offset thing, what a hassel really, but if you Looooovvveeee the wheels.........and then purchase of GC & Koni's will give you what you want. Whatever its worth to you buddy.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yea my new problem is trying to find a shop that does this. anyone know a machinst shop in the new york area???

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.