1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
i love the rear view
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
4,991 Posts
Are you "this guy" because I don't see a link to anyone else? And now I understand why volvo has been using it for decades hmm.

·
i love the rear view
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea i'm "proexhaust" on ebay. - come on man. i'll say this much though i guess the guy makes pretty damn good money with that much feedback so come to think of it who am i to knock his product?

·
Registered
4,991 Posts
yea i'm "proexhaust" on ebay. - come on man.
You might want to re-read your first post before saying "come on man" because there is nothing in it to indicate who you are referring to, just my 2 cents :)

·
i love the rear view
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea but ya know ... common sense would probably indicate that it's not me. but i mean if anyone wants to believe that it is & that's what they're way of thinking & whatever sense they might have leads them to believe then hey ... i'm not gonna argue with em'

·
Registered
4,991 Posts
hmm maybe it is just the settings on my computer because I still don't see a link sorry :hide:

·
i love the rear view
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea man it's cool ... you're alright with me either way. there is a link though in plain sight from my computer at least. & it seemed you looked at it because you stated that volvo had been using it for years ...??? or do you mean that they have been using dryer connection tin can style aluminum for their intake tubes for years, which i guess would not require to really have looked at the link?

·
Registered
4,991 Posts
I just know from looking at Volvos when I was at the junk yard, and your description but still I see no link grrr. Bizzare, now when I copy paste into my reply I see the link.

it is now officially called the "spiral flex" & flows up to 10% more than ordinary smooth pipe!!! be sure to get yours at Lowes for $3.00 before this guy >>edit>>that i am linking to below<<end edit<< buys em' all up!

eBay]eBay]eBay Motors: ACURA TSX/LEGEND/RL/RSX/INTEGRA COLD AIR INTAKE SYSTEM (item 160223808066 end time Apr-02-08 11:59:36 PDT) Motors: ACURA TSX/LEGEND/RL/RSX/INTEGRA COLD AIR INTAKE SYSTEM (item 160223808066 end time Apr-02-08 11:59:36 PDT) Motors: ACURA TSX/LEGEND/RL/RSX/INTEGRA COLD AIR INTAKE SYSTEM (item 160223808066 end time Apr-02-08 11:59:36 PDT)
There I fixed it for you I knew I was not crazy lol your URL tags caused it to not appear so I got rid of them.

·
Registered
9,146 Posts
I figured it out in the first post.

This worked for Volvo, and others, becuse if you keep the inside diameter of the smallest part of the pipe the same it will flow at ~ the same rate. Theories are out there on increases and decreases, but usually it is used when flexability is a priority.

·
i love the rear view
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yea a friend of mine even says something to the effect of those type of tubes keeping your air cooler or something because of the grooves. basically here though i'm just talking about quality (as far as "knocking" the guy - haha). i don't see 2nd gen legends with space/fitment issues though to have to use this type of tube, if that were going to be ones reason, but yea sleepr i could see it making sense in an engine compartment that needed some tricky bends to get cold air.

·
i love the rear view
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
and telion i KNEW something was up cause it's usually not like you to get snappy like that especially on a "lower level" (haha) type post such as this one !!! now someone talking about how they've got the latest greatest 2nd gen ecu advances .... i see you all over that my friend lol!!!

·
Registered
4,991 Posts
Yeah sorry I was just honestly getting frustrated because I could not see the link.

and telion i KNEW something was up cause it's usually not like you to get snappy like that especially on a "lower level" (haha) type post such as this one !!! now someone talking about how they've got the latest greatest 2nd gen ecu advances .... i see you all over that my friend lol!!!

·
Registered
9,146 Posts
Vortex action is proven to benefit, but I think the closing of that vortex action at any bend could go either way. I would only go this route if 2 seperate aluminum pipes kept tearing the tube between them.

·
Mr. X (aka #5)
4,474 Posts
i was told that grooves in the pipe actually prohibit the flow of air and a smooth sided pipe is much better, even with bends. also, if air is anything like water (and im pretty sure it is) then 2 45* bends are better than 1 90*, it makes for smoother flow. with water, just one adjustment like that can increase flow rate by 5-10% easy, if you have 2 or 3 90's being used, it will increase it up to i think 10-15% (exponential i guess, can only increase so much).

and gabe, yeah TV FTW, he had that DIY posted back in 03 if not earlier and almost all G1's already have this type of intake.

as for the auction, so basically he guys a $10 filter and $3.50 pipe and pays probably $10 for the shipping. he is making ~$25/intake

looking through his feedback, he isnt selling too many of these, even though hes marketing them to other cars too: Chevy 1500/2500/3500 but these people have already said that it doesnt work.

·
Premium Member
9,324 Posts
eBay Motors: 99-06 CHEVY SILVERADO V6 V8 JDM COLD AIR INTAKE+FILTER (item 160214595257 end time Mar-04-08 14:42:39 PST)

HAHAHAHA Check out this JDM intake for a 99-06 Chevy Colorado

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That's fucking retarded... you can put the letters "JDM" in front of anything, and convince some idiot to buy it.

I can't wait till JDM Idaho Potatoes and JDM Florida Oranges start hitting the market :yumyum:

·
Mr. X (aka #5)
4,474 Posts
eBay Motors: 99-06 CHEVY SILVERADO V6 V8 JDM COLD AIR INTAKE+FILTER (item 160214595257 end time Mar-04-08 14:42:39 PST)

HAHAHAHA Check out this JDM intake for a 99-06 Chevy Colorado

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
seems that the buyer was actually pretty smart. i would have to guess that he called the guy out in the feedback, the guy in turn left negative on the buyers and thus they both opted to remove the feedback.

·
Registered
8,258 Posts
no way.. they actually took the time to make custom grommets to fit at the end of the dry hose. hahaha even my local kragen has better quality dryer hose intakes.

·
Registered
8,258 Posts
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That's fucking retarded... you can put the letters "JDM" in front of anything, and convince some idiot to buy it.

I can't wait till JDM Idaho Potatoes and JDM Florida Oranges start hitting the market :yumyum:
another reason to stop using the term JDM. its just Japanese for me. When the hell did people start using JDM anyways.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts