Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
it looks like any ordinary DTM exhaust. Go ahead and get it. I don't see the point of paying $500 for a brand name cat-back system. I don't think it makes much a difference.

·
Registered
98 Posts
that's the point

You're right you probably not going to see much of a performance gain so what about how it sound and looks. That's what you pay for. IMO the way to go is Remus universal with custom catback piping! :cool:

·
Banned
759 Posts
I agree

I agree with B-Lo
Universal BLOz..lol.. i thought it was funny... I had universal. sound sux, bery bery loud and anoying, but performance is in the piping, only CHAMBERED mufflers give less performnace thanstraight through

·
Banned
759 Posts
SO TRU

REMUS SOUNDS GOOD BUT IM STILL LOOKING FOR POWER AND SOUND.... GO NO EXHUAST FOR POWER... F*CK I FORGOT WHAT I WAS GONNA SAY BESIDE I AGREE... MY CAR IS FAST!!!!!!!!!!

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,496 Posts
Re: exhausts

SpoonLegend said:
don't get the dtm, unless u want a burnt bumper. and don't get a remus either, they're kinda gay. no offense, cause i know that like everyone on this board has that stupid muffler.
Hey Spoon, how can you tell someone not to get a Remus because you think its Gay? Just your opinion but dont feel like you can tell someone not to get something just because you either dont like it or dont agree with it. I myself have had a Remus exhaust for a few months now and almost everywhere I go, people either ask me what kind of exhaust is it or that it looks nice and sounds nice. And also remember that us Legend owners are limited to what kind of exhaust and other products we can get so when there is something that is specifically done for our cars we have to at least be greatful for that. Unless you have a specific muffler that we can use or your working on one that'll look better than a remus and give us that extra 5000 horsepower that some people look for.

·
Banned
759 Posts
EXTRA 5000 HP

THAT EXTRA 5000 HP COMES FROM HAVING NO EXHUAST, EVERYONE JUST TAKE IT OFF, THEN YOU AUTO'S CAN CHIRP 3RD ALL DAY LONG LIKE ME, SINCE I PUT THE STOCK EXHUAST BACK ON IM RUNNIN 15.7/15.8 TOO ***IN SLOW AND NO MORE THIRD CHIRPIN... IT SUX AND IS COMING BACK OFF.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Re: Re: exhausts

Triton3K said:

Hey Spoon, how can you tell someone not to get a Remus because you think its Gay? Just your opinion but dont feel like you can tell someone not to get something just because you either dont like it or dont agree with it. I myself have had a Remus exhaust for a few months now and almost everywhere I go, people either ask me what kind of exhaust is it or that it looks nice and sounds nice. And also remember that us Legend owners are limited to what kind of exhaust and other products we can get so when there is something that is specifically done for our cars we have to at least be greatful for that. Unless you have a specific muffler that we can use or your working on one that'll look better than a remus and give us that extra 5000 horsepower that some people look for.
hey, i'm just giving my opinion, i'm not putting a gun to his head. and there actually are many exhausts to choose from. Apex-i N1, Arospeed tunable bomb w/silencer, and there's a DC sports muffler, these are all made for legends! there probably are more, i just haven't found them yet.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Re: Re: Re: exhausts

SpoonLegend said:

. Apex-i N1, Arospeed tunable bomb w/silencer, and there's a DC sports muffler, these are all made for legends! there probably are more, i just haven't found them yet.
Hmm sounds fishy... Not to knock you bro but dont you think some of us would have those if they WERe LEGEND SPECIFIC.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: exhausts

B-Lo said:

Hmm sounds fishy... Not to knock you bro but dont you think some of us would have those if they WERe LEGEND SPECIFIC.
check ebay! they have those specifically for legends...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1845183794

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1845347764

one more, this is an HP Racing performance muffler. LEGEND Specific
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1844462607

check those out.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I could be mistaken, but I don't think either of those mufflers on ebay said they were made by Apex-i or Arospeed. I just saw N-1 and tunable bomb. I doubt that they are actually manufactured by those companies.

·
Registered
460 Posts
spoon,

there must be something wrong with you if you believe someone said this was an apple and you believed it but in reality, it's an orange. Even though it might say "specifically for the Acura Legend"...it's just the seller trying to sell the item on ebay. Look at his other items he is selling. You'll see the same exact muffler for another car. What everyone is saying is that $500 for a Legend Specific exhaust (greddy, remus, stromung) all are cat-back systems ready to be installed. Yes, i do agree that these are a bit quiet than universal mufflers, but performance wise, i don't think there is a big difference. As long as the shop mandrel bends the pipe, all is well with a universal.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Reno5658 said:
spoon,

there must be something wrong with you if you believe someone said this was an apple and you believed it but in reality, it's an orange. Even though it might say "specifically for the Acura Legend"...it's just the seller trying to sell the item on ebay. Look at his other items he is selling. You'll see the same exact muffler for another car. What everyone is saying is that $500 for a Legend Specific exhaust (greddy, remus, stromung) all are cat-back systems ready to be installed. Yes, i do agree that these are a bit quiet than universal mufflers, but performance wise, i don't think there is a big difference. As long as the shop mandrel bends the pipe, all is well with a universal.
Well said

·
Registered
78 Posts
My two cents, "don't get those stupid mufflers that point up". The interior noise will suck and is annoying as hell, and spending five hundred dollars for <5 hp is a waste of money.

"If it don't make dollars, it don't make sense"

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.