Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone hack DirecTV ?

I've been emulating for a while with the H cards and want to try with the HU's.

Anybody got a source for bins ?

·
Registered
327 Posts
In TORONTO, where I see your from, This is now BANNED.:D, at least for the next week until we get another stay.
Hit me up and I will hook you up with some bins for "HOBBY" purposes ONLY. :p
Later

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey come on now Eye Candy, this is for "learning" purposes only. :rolleyes:

You started out like the DTV police there and had me worried.

If it wouldn't be too much trouble, just send my way via email in my profile.

Or to my MSN account. [email protected]

Thanx,

·
Registered
996 Posts
C25A1guy said:
A friend of mine has. And yea, he runs an emulator off an old comp. Now, someone tell me, any way to hack my digital cable???
This was posted on the net a while ago ... haven't tried it, but here you go:

Order EVERYTHING for a month, then cancel everything except the basics. Before you make the call to cancel, unplug your box from the cable, and leave it unplugged for a few days. Basically, the Cable company sends codes to the box that tells it what channels are blocked. If the box is not plugged in, it can't receive the codes, so you keep everything.

Of course, I'm not sure if they resend the cancel codes every once in a while, and this won't work for PPV, but it's something.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Spiff said:
Anyone hack DirecTV ?

I've been emulating for a while with the H cards and want to try with the HU's.

Anybody got a source for bins ?
I've been looking into this for a while (research, ya know). What's the advantage of HU over H? Also, do you know anywhere that sells Dolby Digital receivers? Seems that all the places in Ottawa have is the BEV 3100

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Re: Dtv

ScotcH said:

I've been looking into this for a while (research, ya know). What's the advantage of HU over H? Also, do you know anywhere that sells Dolby Digital receivers? Seems that all the places in Ottawa have is the BEV 3100
DTV is sending out P4 cards now.
On other groups, they give the H card about 4 more months until the "stream" is turned off. Therefore, the HU is the way to go, if you are going to buy new equipment.

The H and Hu both serve the same purpose, get you sat. channels.
The H is not encrypted where with the Hu, certain address ranges are.
Which make it harder to hack.

H card can be emulated.
A guy in Quebec goes by the acronym PGM, devised away to let you use a computer to emulate the H card.

Basically you have a card reader on com1, emulation board (in the IRD) on com2. PGM's software allows you redirect the satellite access thru the computer to the card reader.
So if DTV send down commands to "loop" your card and make it unusable, the computer is hit and not your card. There by saving you time and money in unlooping it.
6 months ago dealers were charging upwards of 100 US to unloop Hu cards. Luckily some true "hobbiest" released HU unlooping software that can be run on just about any 3 in 1 programmer (I have a T6 Wave II - no complaints so far :D )

If you don't emulate, then DTV can write anything, anytime to your card.

HU emulation just hit about a week ago. Some are "testing" this new software (that is why I need a valid bin/cor file).

Don't know of anyplaces, but the US.
Most of the dealers here sell the cheapest model RCA 420 series to make a quick buck.

You may want to try Ebay, if you know what model you are looking for.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Thanks for the info Spiff ... sounds like we'll be talking a bit more in the future. Don't you just love newbies ;-) I have a ways to go in this particular field of study....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts