Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does it mean if the yellow LED is solidly illuminated with no red led flashing (I know the RED LED works because it recently reported the front o2 sensor bad)? I "THINK" it means the EICV is having a problem but it does not show up

Found a 2.5L core at the local junkyard for $200, have not decided if I am going to get it and rebuild. The yard owner says the engine runs but needs rings. He has several 2.7s that he sells as running rather than cores but I think I am going to stick with the 2.5 unless someone gives me a good reason to switch...

·
Registered
270 Posts
Sticking with a 2.5 will guarantee that you won't have to worry about computers and harnesses!! I think that the yellow LED indicates that your timing needs adjusting... Don't quote me on this right now though... Don't have my manual in front of me !!

·
GS Hog
7,043 Posts
If I remember correctly, the yellow light indicates that your idle needs adjustment.

I no longer have a G1 nor a manual, but I believe that the light is either solid or blinking; each one indicating either too high or too low. I don't remember which is which.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Knew it was a dumb question, found it in the manual.. Thanks. I thought it was somehow related to my vacuum problems...

·
Registered
155 Posts
I have read that the service manual comes with the car but mine didn't. Did the owners just lose it or did they not include it with every car?

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
slugman said:
I have read that the service manual comes with the car but mine didn't. Did the owners just lose it or did they not include it with every car?
You have to buy it. The owners manual comes with the car, but the service manual will run you ninety or so dollars.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Vince, are you referring to the Helm manual? Other than ordering a photo-copy of the manual from Helm, is it available anywhere else? I would pay extra for a new (non-copied), bound edition.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
slugman said:
Sorry for the lack of specificity on my prior post, I purchased the car a few months back from a wholesale lot and the manual was with the car then - I did not purchase the car new with the manual...

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Rick90Legend said:
Vince, are you referring to the Helm manual? Other than ordering a photo-copy of the manual from Helm, is it available anywhere else? I would pay extra for a new (non-copied), bound edition.
You can purchase an Acura Service manual from the dealer. Does anyone have one and care to comment about this?

·
Registered
270 Posts
Rick90

Rick, I also have a '90 and I went to the dealer and got my hands on a real bound version of the service manual... They may have a few left... Go to the dealer and inquire about it... It did cost me a bit more...145 CDN, but it has saved me a lot more than that !! It's much better than the Haynes most of the time... Sometimes it's nice to get another perspective though... I have both...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts