Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here's my situation that I need some help on (don't laugh); I bought a used 95 LS coupe about 14 months and put her in the garage. Despite my best intentions of starting her up every month and letting her run for a while until I put her on the road, the battery died about 8 months ago. So now she's been sitting. I am going to change all the fluids.
I am thinking I need to siphon out the rest of that old gasoline(about 2/5s of a tank). So I have a small bulb siphoner but the tube is too short and I am thinking this would take hours. I go to Autozone and buy a bigger 11.99 hand pump siphoner but I can't get the hose down deep enough it keeps getting stuck (I am not even sure it's long enough anyway)

*1. Anyone got any tips on siphoning gasoline???*
**2. I took off the wiper arms off to paint them but it's been so long I can't remember which side is which I think the longer side is on the passenger side, is that correct?**
***3. Any other thoughts on things I should do would be appreciated***
****4. I bought clear corners is the easiest way to install these to remove the headlight housing?****
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
*1. Anyone got any tips on siphoning gasoline???* **2. I took off the wiper arms off to paint them but it's been so long I can't remember which side is which I think the longer side is on the passenger side said:
1.- I don't think you need to siphon out the fuel after 8 months. Add some dry gas and some injector cleaner (or Seafoam maybe). It also depends on how full the tank is. Once you get her going, get to a gas station and get some fresh fuel in there.
2. -Not positive, but I think you have that right
3.- Maybe disconnect the coil packs and crank the engine over some to get some oil pressure before having the engine start for real
4.- You don't need to remove the headlights..

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
First of all, from my experience there is no dumb question. For every person that asks a question there are 10's if not more that have the same question but are afraid to ask :)

1. Believe there is a coil in the filler tube to keep it from being siphoned, if you feel you have to get the old gas out then the best way it to drain it from the drain plug underneath. Just make sure you have a new washer when putting the plug back in.
2. The drivers wiper has a single bend in the arm (on the end that wiper connects to) while the passenger side has two bends.
3. Shouldn't be needed after such a short time.

·
Matthew is THE USER!
1,672 Posts
the clear corners, if u pop ur hood, beside the main headlight housing you will see one screw. loosen it and just wiggle the corner lense out slowly.

an.. siphoning gas... lol... you most likely will not need to do that, i would choose not to, because it aint fun at all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts