Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
DV8, Have you broken down the diff to see if there is any damage to your diff casing. You might want to see about that if you have an opportunity. The Phantom grip products have blown up on dynos and now people that run dynos no longer let people on the chasis style dyno if they have a phantom grip. I know that sounds far fetched, but it has happened many times locally and I am really concerned with the Legend since the diff is attached to the oil pan. Seems like a recipe for disaster!

·
Registered
465 Posts
A little concerned.....

I believe that you have probably the highest output car that i have heard of to date for this type of chasis. Taking that to heart, I think that you need a little more holding power in your diff if you are having problems in a straight line. I have had this type of diff built by a buddy and he has built one to hold up to 700 HP. LEgEnD4LiFe had one built and has not installed it. Apparently Mike Diaz has not gotten to it. You might want to see if he would trade up with you and I can build him another one. We built that one to take up to 700+ HP. He thinks that he will have a power plant that will put out more than that (He says 1000 HP).

Anyways, just to let you know, this differential is one of the biggest that we have built. It has serious potential for holding and we ended up using a clutch pack that was as big as one used in a 650+ HP Mercedes Drag car. The buddy of mine built this diff for a Mercedes since no one else builds one capable of this type of task. They loved it so much that they ordered 3 more for other cars in their stable. They run slicks so it gives you an idea of this things capability.

Please contact LEgEnD4LiFe and see if he wants to try that. We did take alot of time to get this to him and I thought that the whole process would have gone much faster, but since there was no precedence, it took more time to develop. That being said, we now can make one in 1 to 1.5 weeks (yes, a half of a day is do-able).

Just one thing to say, this LSD will hold. I have many of them, but sorry to say that I do not have one in my GS. It is not a racecar, just a really nice car so no LSD at this time. I am looking for a 6 speed coupe and I will have one in it as soon as I can. Man, I really want a 6 speed bad right now. I came very close to buying a BMW M3 and now after carefully considering this, I really overlooked the Coupe. I have had my GS for so long that I did not even consider it up front. I got done with my LS Civic and I want something to do. I am getting bored. Anyways, I digress.

Let me know what you want to try. :D

·
Registered
465 Posts
Real LSD

This is a unit that you can bolt in once you get it back, no modifications. We build the diff to your set of instructions. The preload is something that is modified based on your application. All the same price though, $600 + shipping. Still trying to get an extra diff so that if someone wants one, I can just send you a built one when you send me yours.

The really cool thing about these diffs is that they can improve the handling of the car. I know that sounds crazy, but the simple evening of the power to both front wheels with the ability to "limited slip" can pull you through turns, help you stop better and give you an overall feel of balance even if you push it hard in a turn. I put a LSD in an integra and the owner said that it felt like it had new shocks on it, no kidding. It does not make up for all problems, but it is interesting what if feels like afterward. Wheel hop is diminished since this differential puts the active wheel to work and transfers the slip without lockup to the other side. I love this in my race car since I sometimes have both inner wheel (Back &&& Front!) of the ground. I have never felt a over-rev engine situation with this diff. I Love this thing in a race (raod course).

"think you can make some Tein 16 way adjustables fit a legend? how about some solid billet mounts?"

Anything is possible with $. You know that! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.