Acura Legend Forum banner

DV8's CAI

5K views 27 replies 13 participants last post by  Dv8 
#1 ·
I can some this thing up in one word SWEEET!

It costs a few dollars less than my RM Racing intake(which I got in 97).

Installation was a little more involved than a normal intake but well worth the extra effort. Over all I noticed an improvement over my old RM intake and I'm very happy. The sound the RM Racing intake made while at WOT was sweet but it just can't compare to DV8's.

If you're planning on getting an aftermarket air intake why spend more to get less? Why not just get the best **** intake to start with?

If you're already have an aftermarket intake(not a CAI) you'll get better performance with DV8's. I can't speak for those of you who have already installed a custom CAI but at least in terms of appearance DV8's CAI looks top notch.

Thanks DV8 and sorry it took me so long to post my results.

G
#7 ·
Sounds great. I'm glad to hear that people are happy with DV8's CAI, I knew that they would be. Hopefully now if enough people start buying this thing he can sell the CAI extension to us that already have any intake :).

#9 ·
SpeedDemon said:
Sounds great. I'm glad to hear that people are happy with DV8's CAI, I knew that they would be. Hopefully now if enough people start buying this thing he can sell the CAI extension to us that already have any intake :).
See i cant guarantee fitment to any other intake because it may be longer or shorter than the one i use, therfore not fitting well or at all.

mYbabYLeGend said:
hey, im not familiar how this CAI works, but i would like ot learn
-thanks
-hass
ANY CAI's Purpose is to draw colder air(outside engine bay air) in to the engine aiding in a more powerful combustion, thus increasing power.

My CAI will position it self right in the path of cold air behind the passenger -side bumper. On 91-93 sedans and all coupes the fog light cover can be removed for RAM air effect(direct airflow to filter or opening).

94-95 sedans alrady have an opeing through its existing lower grill.

~Hybrid

#10 ·
I bought Dv8's CAI too. He sent it out Friday at 3:00PM and I got it at 10AM the following morning. I installed it the same day I installed a Monster Cable battery clamp.
My prior intake was the stock box. I had to remove the front bumper of my Legend L sedan to get at resonator box and place the K&N air filter onto the CAI extension. I had no idea the stock intake stuff took up so much volume. Being a slow DIYer, it took me a while to figure out what I wanted to do. The breather Dv8 gave me didn't fit over the crank-case valve, but I found some Mercedes rubber part that the breather would fit Then I just secured the other end over the valve.
I found that the air filter is a tight fit behind the passenger bumper area. Right now, its pressed against the side of the front bumper.
I just took my car out today for the "test" drive. I don't know what an air intake is supposed to sound like, but I didn't really notice any extra volume or noise that the CAI created over the stock intake, except at wide open throttle. I already have a Remus exhaust, so the CAI just added a little volume to the stuff the exhaust already made.
Drive conclusion: Dv8's CAI is awesome! Whenever I slammed down on the pedal before, it took my engine a while to gather enough air to get first gear going. Since I have automatic, whenever I time myself doin' 0-60 on an expressway, I notice that I take first gear up to near redline and then finish it off with second.
Now it appears I don't have to do that anymore. The RPM gauge jumps up instantly when I step on the accelerator. The automatic shifting between gears is much smoother. I recommend this CAI to anyone who would like to put a little more pep in a Legend.

#12 · (Edited)
fast idle valve

Christian, when you commented on this I took notice because my car always jumped RPM's for some uknown reason when I was stopped and after reading your post I noticed that it only happend after I put on my custom CAI. You said that you pinched it someway to restrict the air flow instead of a breather or closing it completely, I had a plastic plugg in it and it was not working so I cut the idle hose to about 2 to 1.5 inches short and kept the plug in it but drilled a small hole in it and, just like that no more problem....sound safe?

I forgot to mention that your CAI looks really clean, If I didnt already have one...I'd be your next customer...I still want to know what it sounds like!!!:D :D

#14 ·
it will work

it wont get sucked in, it works though if you saw it, its better than a pinch, hehe

#15 ·
CAI eval

After one week of testing, I can say I am definitely happy :D with Dv8's CAI. I have noticed the increased pick up, especially when punchin' it! And the sound at WOT says "Get the FUG out of my way!!" The misses is complaining about whiplash though. :rolleyes:

Install was a tight fit, but I spent more time cussin' while removing the resonator box.

Plus, the fact that my coupe is breathing better makes me feel all warm inside. :)

Thanks Christian.

#16 ·
CAI HP

About how much horsepower do you think the custom CAI's give??

oh and pescador, I know, aren't those a pain in the arse the take out!!!

but the increased airflow that these give you are a lot better than stock by far.

I dont have one of christians, i made my own, but his sound promising.....christian can you patent a CAI for a Legend?
your on your way..........."Dv8 Customs"

#18 ·
Re: CAI HP

2low2go said:
About how much horsepower do you think the custom CAI's give??

oh and pescador, I know, aren't those a pain in the arse the take out!!!

but the increased airflow that these give you are a lot better than stock by far.

I dont have one of christians, i made my own, but his sound promising.....christian can you patent a CAI for a Legend?
your on your way..........."Dv8 Customs"
"Dv8ed Customs"

~Hybrid

#20 ·
Dv8ed Customs

"Dv8ed Customs" I like it, Now if you only had a shop....you'd make a lot of extra dough.

Custom CAI for an ACURA LEGEND
Headers (hopefully something)
what's next????????????????:D

2low2go but not slow!!!

#25 ·
I hope all you folks have these parts available when I return back to the states in 2 years.
So far my list includes:
Dv8 CAI
Leons Strut bar, Door Sill's, and battery tie-down.
Dv8's Headers

Two years should be plenty enough time to save. :)

On an off topic note, Christian, you have the same exact washer and dryer as myself! :eek2: Is it a sign???? :2cool:

#26 ·
acuralegend.com said:
I hope all you folks have these parts available when I return back to the states in 2 years.
So far my list includes:
Dv8 CAI
Leons Strut bar, Door Sill's, and battery tie-down.
Dv8's Headers

Two years should be plenty enough time to save. :)

On an off topic note, Christian, you have the same exact washer and dryer as myself! :eek2: Is it a sign???? :2cool:
sounds like a party waiting to happen :)

hurry back man!

Maybe you can TDY sooner...yeah right, u are prob really enjoying it out there...I would :D :2cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.