Acura Legend Forum banner

Dyno numbers

6K views 25 replies 17 participants last post by  LeoLegendATL 
#1 ·
My car is a freak. I was just wondering if anyone else has done any dynos or anything. Modded or stock. My motor is completely stock, including intake or exhaust.

See less See more
#4 ·
Hmmmm...... what kind of dyno is that? and are you sure that's on wheels? that seems high, overly high. And it does not seems like a legend dynograph, unless you mistakenly upload different dynosheet.

This is my dyno sheet, with only intake and Greddy Exhaust, and 19" rims. Just for your comparison.

#5 ·
Mustang Brand Dynamometer
Peformance Dyno LLC
836 Martha Street
Westlake, LA 70669

The crazy curve I think is because it downshifted... I dunno'.
And, yes, it's at the wheels... the only way to tell at the flywheel is to pull the motor or just add roughly 20% to those numbers.
I know, it seems weird. Both the guys running the dyno were quite surprised, as was I. My car is just a freak I think. The dyno was dead on with everyone else as well so I don't think it was off.

That was after driving for 2 hours straight... I was the first person of my group of friends to pull first. The engine was still pretty warm but oh well. I also gather that Mustang dynos calculate different than dynojet and are actually a little pessimistic on numbers... give less of a reading than what it really is. I don't really know though.

#7 ·
I just posted the name and address of the place.
Peformance Dyno LLC
836 Martha Street
P.O. Box 354
Westlake, LA 70669
Phone: (337) 443-4430/ Fax: (337) 443 - 4480

If you're going to call b.s. on me do it already, don't patronize me. I honestly don't care if you believe me. But it would entertain me if you called and asked them to pull up the numbers on a 1995 Legend that ran on 4/20.

#9 ·
Darkstar said:

read my question WORD for WORD! i was asking where I could get a dyno test, actually how i would find a shop that did them.
Ahh. Well, everyone else seemed to be in question so I was just waiting for someone to call b.s. on me.
I'm sure there's got to be at least a few dyno's in Cali. Call around to performance shops and ask if they know of any dynos you can go to... they should be able to help.

#10 ·
95LSTypeII said:
My car is a freak. I was just wondering if anyone else has done any dynos or anything. Modded or stock. My motor is completely stock, including intake or exhaust.
I think you should go and get a second run somewhere else and compare the results. Those numbers are way to high for a stock Auto TypeII engine. The highest I've ever seen a typeII dynoed was 198WHP on a 94 GS sedan, and it was modded.

Also how did they get 221lbs of torque. That's 15lbs more than factory specs. :confused:

#11 ·
Re: Re: Dyno numbers

WhiteLegend said:

Also how did they get 221lbs of torque. That's 15lbs more than factory specs. :confused:
Well aware of the differences.
As weird as it is and hard to believe, I have to bring up a point that will help me...
A guy w/ a 305 in his truck only put down 157hp & 211ft/lb.
My friend's B18C1 powered Civic put down 164hp with a Skunk2 intake manifold. The dyno was right where it should be on numbers.
No two dynos will ever give the same reading, no matter what. It's best to continue testing at the same place to get consistent readings, even if not precise, they will be accurate in progress from modifications.

I was honestly VERY surprised and didn't believe it myself until like 10 other cars all went behind me and were putting down numbers exactly like they should have. I probably wouldn't beleive me if I were y'all either, but hey... if you don't beleive me, take what I say with a grain of salt and go about your business.

#12 ·
Hey, don't worry about people saying that you're B.S. You're brave already on putting you dyno sheet here. Some people might just don't believe, but don't worry.

Well, my suggestion is, go to another dyno place, and possibly the one with Dynojet 248C, so at least we can see how it is.

I also dynoed my car twice, once at NOPI, and once at ACS Racing the one that you see there. Both shows similar graph, but different peak HP, but at least the curve is similar.

Your curve is kinda weird, sorry to say that, but don't take it personally OK.

Well, if I insulted you in any way, I apologize. Thanks. :D

#14 ·
What gear did you do this run in. I believe 3rd is as near to a 1 to 1 ratio as possible. If you were running in a lower gear the inflated numbers would be the result of torque manipulation...ie because of the gearing the car is showing more HP than it really has. If you were in 3rd will you sell the engine? :D

#19 ·
Hey guys, I don't have pics of my dyno sheet, but I posted it a while ago, my numnbers were:

194 whp
178 ft lbs tq

I was in 4th gear at the time, from 3500-6500. We didn't do any runs in third, but if we had, I'm sure that my numbers would have been higher...

#20 ·
There is one way to trick the dyno into giving you higher #, with an Auto.

When in D3 you just floor it from a dead stop, that will downshift the tranny to the lowest gear creating a JOLT of Torque with every shift also greatly enhancing the final HP output.

D3 should be selected then gas should be applied slowly till 3500-4000 and then floor to revlimit.

My Auto Type 2 Hybrid with intake, Exhaust, & chip dynoed to 185WHP and 170lbft @Motorsport Dynamics in Sac Town

I run a 15.2 N/A and 13.60 NOSed

My suggestion to you is to go to the Track. A Legend with your torque and HP should run a high 13 or a low 14 sec time, No B.S.

~Hybrid

#21 ·
LegendC said:
If you were running in a lower gear the inflated numbers would be the result of torque manipulation...ie because of the gearing the car is showing more HP than it really has. If you were in 3rd will you sell the engine? :D
Yes, I had it in 3rd, nah, I don't think I'm going to be parting ways with it. :D More on what gear I was in a second...

Dv8 said:
There is one way to trick the dyno into giving you higher #, with an Auto.

When in D3 you just floor it from a dead stop, that will downshift the tranny to the lowest gear creating a JOLT of Torque with every shift also greatly enhancing the final HP output.
Originally I was in D4 and that accounts for the downshift which actually shows the drop in all the power showed on my sheet... at least I think that's what they told me at the place.

When I did my run, which I thought was generic to all runs... they did my pull through a base set of numbers, ie. starting from 45 I think it was and going all the way to 100.
There was no downshifting in that range and no starting from a dead stop. I know someone was there with a video camera. I'll try to track him down and see if he can upload the video somewhere so I can show y'all.

Thanks to all who didn't give me a hard time. :)

#23 ·
Mustang dynos USUALLY read a little low, but thats not what is going on here. More than likely, it wasnt set up correctly. How do i know this? Because i used to run one. Personally after getting a brand new one, having tech help and using they system, i think it sucks the big one. Dyno was always randomly going out of calibration or a component on it would randomly stop working.

I feel bad saying that your numbers are wrong, but im 95% sure something is probably wrong with the dyno. I got numbers all over the place on my legend until a mustang tech came out and fixed lots of stuff wrong with the system itself. Then i put down 178 hp, 172 tq with everything stock. I think maybe they owe you another free run ;-)

#25 ·
Sorry, dyno seems too high. Not saying BS on you, but saying something went wrong with the testing.

I'm convinced as DV8 mentioned about the process of testing. If they ran the dyno and just slammed on the accelerator, the ECU downshifted into second and that increased your hp/tq numbers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.