Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Sales Guido
1,086 Posts
As stated above, you basically reprogram your ECU without having to actually replace a chip. The advantage to Dyno Tuning, as opposed to one of the plug and play systems (S-AFC, Venom) is that your car will litterally be tuned on a dyno, and you will get real dyno proven power gains. S-AFC's are great, but probably not too effective unless you get them dyno tuned. They will also take into account what performance mods you already have and adjust your ECU accordingly to get optimal gains from your existing parts. You can also have your ECU custom tuned to fit your driving needs, such as more low end power/torque, or high end power. As far as pricing goes, it will vary from shop to shop. There is a local speed shop here in State College, and they charge $60/hour for dyno tuning.

I actually have a question about dyno tuning as well. Does anyone know if after you have your car tuned, and you happen to disconnect the battery for a period of time or remove the ECU fuse, will the ECU reset itself or will the tuned settings remain? I've been considering having my car tuned this summer, but I'm worried what will happen if I ever have to disconnect my battery or I somehow lose power to the ECU.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.