Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How did you guys go about preventing rattle?? I just got 3 JL 10W3's and they hit, but it sounds bad cause everything vibrates. Especially the front dome light in my car and that storage thing one the rear deck. What can i do to help?? Any advice? Thanks in advance . . .

·
Registered
248 Posts
peal and seal, click on my page below my pic to see more about it, great stuff...

b

G

·
I just took at towell last weekend and basically coated my whole rear deck area with it like you would with dynamat. It did the same thing that it would do basically and was hella cheaper!!!! It sounds amazing now. I get no rattles. Just take a big towell and a sharpie, then draw on all the places that you need to cut out. You probably won't get it right your first time so make sure that you have a razor blade handy. Also, you might not want to worry about the are right under that little tray thing in the middle where there are the two clips. I didn't cut the wholes out for those and put them back in, instead I just let the towel go underneath cause I felt that it would stop the rattles. I'm so amazingly impressed, before it would get to me when my sub would hit and rattle the rear deck or when I would drive on a bumpy road and I could hear it rattling. Now my car feels a lot more solid because of it since there is no cabin noise/rattling really.

SpeedDemon serves and protects again ;)

·
Registered
123 Posts
well

Well i did my trunk with dynamat myself, took the carpet covers off from the lid ( a lot of screws ) and then just peel and pasted, covered everything, but i have a problem now....

Now it did stop the rattling of my trunk but now my rear deck lid gets more rattled, also the side of the trunks...

i m getting more dynamat, and i m probably going to cover most of the rear desk that is left, anybody got any ideas...as to where it should go.....i just got in the trunk and put it under the rear deck lid ( well its all metal down there )....

towels..that is cheaper.....but i got a sheet of dynamat for 10 bucks so i m not complaining :cool:

·
Registered
91 Posts
I WILL BE doing the same thing in about a month or so...........

How much dynamat did you buy and $$$$

G

·
Re: well

95coupe said:
Now it did stop the rattling of my trunk but now my rear deck lid gets more rattled, also the side of the trunks...

towels..that is cheaper.....but i got a sheet of dynamat for 10 bucks so i m not complaining :cool:
I don't even see any reason for someone to go out and buy dynamat when my idea seriously did the trick perfectly for the rear deck. The trunk is a whole nother deal.

·
Sleek And Low
249 Posts
Gomel said:
I WILL BE doing the same thing in about a month or so...........

How much dynamat did you buy and $$$$
I can get dynamat folks, cheap. Dynamat sets the pricing for business' to buy and sell at. They are kinda strict. But I will sell it just over my cost. I don't really care about their rules or making much of a profit because that's not what I do, it's just something I can get. I don't want to post it because we aren't supposed to sell on the forumns. But I'll try to hook people up if you send me an e-mail at [email protected]

·
Registered
248 Posts
peel and seal can be had for 80-90 dollar per 100 sq feet.

its basically equivalent of dynamat extreme.

much easier to work with than dynamt...

b

·
Registered
248 Posts
go to www.mfmbp.com and ask for your nearest dealer by calling the number listed.

go to the link for my stie, the little underlined part that says simplicity in sound right below the pic of my car in the signature. and go through the photolog, and one page is devoted to dampening.

b

1 - 10 of 10 Posts