Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this sounds a lil bit dumb but I am totally anal about the appearance of my ride... I don't know if anyone else has this problem but the chrome is peeling off the small button at the end of my e-brake and I was wondering if it was replaceable? also, is this a pain to do or a simple task??

Thanks in advance,

Vito

·
Registered
397 Posts
That's kind of funny, because I thought I was the only one being anal about that thing.

BTW Beaverb, have you taken a look at LegendaryLegendz.com ? If you get a chance you should sign up on the mailing list. Holla!!!

·
Registered
145 Posts
The sh%t bothers the f#ck out of my thumb......

.............yet i can't seem to stop f#%king with it!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I agree with a need for a group buy on this!! Nothing like having a nice clean, detailed, polished interior and then having that e-brake handle's chrome peeling to stick out like a sore thumb.. Imagine how nice it would be to have that nice new and shiny :)

Vito

G

·
I know it is possible to buy the button by itself for like 3 bucks...but as far as install goes...left me clueless!! But, mine is in the same situation!!! Don't know if this will help...

·
Registered
79 Posts
I dunno man. If u got that pic from where I think u got it from, that whole assemly in the box is sold as a preassembled package ( Identified as 1). U cant just buy the button, u gots to buy the whole handle.

G

·
All items that are numbered have an option of being purchased individually...if there is a group of numbers selected you can purchase them as a group or in this case the whole handle if needed. The part number for the button is 47142-671-010, it's cost: $3.04. Item #3 is the spring that is behind the button and #4 is some type of locking mechanism...don't know if that is associated with the button or what...

·
Registered
397 Posts
GoldenCoupe said:
All items that are numbered have an option of being purchased individually...if there is a group of numbers selected you can purchase them as a group or in this case the whole handle if needed. The part number for the button is 47142-671-010, it's cost: $3.04. Item #3 is the spring that is behind the button and #4 is some type of locking mechanism...don't know if that is associated with the button or what...
This is great information. Where are you getting all these part numbers and pics from?

·
Registered
397 Posts
GoldenCoupe said:
WOW!!! I have been looking for something like that for 4 years. That is one great site, bt I couldn't see ANY of the parts. Where'd you get your pic?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Im bettin that if you have to replace the whole handle as a unit then you will have to remove the WHOLE center console to get to the bolts at the bottom of the handle... that wouldn't exactly be a fun job...

·
Registered
9,142 Posts
OK! I will have Anna at the dealer for a few days this week. I will find out the info. I don't think we need a group buy for a $3 part. I will try to get the mechanic to show me how to do it, then I will pass the knowledge on. As you all said, I now know that I am not the most anal legend owner!
Later!
Lee

·
Registered
563 Posts
the chrome on my button is peeling also!

yeah, i was planning on doing the change by myself. I switch my e-brake handle. I guess i'll check out the button later. the part number for the button is very useful. if i figure out first, i'll let you guys know whats up.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I already replaced mine

I think this was the first upgrade to my Legend :)

Went down to my local acura dealer and bought a new button for $3-$5

Used a pair of pliers to take the old one off - it just unscrewed.

Finger tightened the new one on. Took about 5 minutes.

-James

1 - 20 of 21 Posts