Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· 805 YO
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive started to notice that when I'm accelerating my emregency brake light in my dash will come on. This especially happens in heavy acceleration in 1st and 2nd gear. Ive also noticed that my ABS does not work. Does anyone know what this could be? One other thing you should know is that when I am coming to a stop my brakes chatter when I am getting below 5mph.

· Registered
3,484 Posts
hmmm

my abs light and brake light used to come on all the time. i just topped off my abs resevoir on the passenger side under the hood and topped off the brake fluid on the driver side of the engine bay and they both stopped coming on :) don't know about the chattering tho.. maybe low on fluid?

· Domesticated *******
1,679 Posts
The ebrake light will come on when your brake fluid is low (main resivour). It could be just low enough so that all of the brake fluid shifts to the back of the resivour during acceleration causing the switch float to drop low enough to turn on the light. Try filling it up and see if the problem stops.

· Registered
580 Posts
HAHA. I mastered this one. the same thing was and is happening to me. I was gonna ask here but I was too lazy and forgot about it, then I was looking throught the manual for fun(I was bored) and accidentally found the problem and solution.

Its highly likely that you have low brake fluid, or your brakes have been faded away and need new ones. This is coincidental(sp) for me because Im at 82,500 mi. and in the manual it says at that exact mileage i need to get my car serviced for brake pads haha, either this car is very smart and knows its stuff, or its set up just to put the brake light on at that exact milage.

· Registered
4,439 Posts
Ebrake light - either fill resevoir or get new pads. Your pads are worn causing a drop in fluid from the resevoir into the caliper to compensate and causing the fluid to slosh away from the sensor on acceleration.

As for the ABS, are you sure it dosen't work? The ABS in the legend is not particulary sensitive. A good way to test it is to slam the brakes in the snow, or going down a steep hill in the rain. If you try to get it to work in the dry, most times it won't, it will actually allow a pretty decent amount of wheel lock.

Oh and ninous, the car is very intelligent.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.