Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:D :confused: We having a meet up in VA at Tysons Corner top floor parking deck (which store?) on March 9th or what? Show some love, lets roll! Am I right?

·
Registered
432 Posts
Top parking at Nordstrom's which is in Tysons II meeting at 3PM and caravaning to Starbucks in Rockville to meet up with the CL/TL guys.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Dave!

Do you expect a lot of Legend Owners to be there? I just hope I can get my car done in time for the meet. I would like to get some feedback on if I should the new APEXi RSM with G-Force Sensor for my Sedan. I use my car to Autocrossing, I thought it would be helpful for me to figure out which side of my car needs to balance out. Hope to see you all there.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Ok I plan to attend but let's get the meeting location finallized. Will it be at Nordstoms or Macys???? Thanks and look forward to seeing you all there.

·
*r**h *eller
1,920 Posts
The meet is starting at the Macy's garage 2nd deck. Stay tuned to the CL forums for last minute info.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So it's gonna be from Tysons Corner, then venture over to Starbucks in Rockville to chill... all the imports show up at 8ish on the weekends, it a giant meeting place.. are we gonna be out that long? :D

·
Registered
432 Posts
Say, if you're about to do the 4X auto tranny flush would you like to split the cost of shipping for the Smart Blend black bottle needed to convert Dexron III to Honda fluid? I found it on the web for $7.08 a bottle but the shipping is $7.50 so I ordered 4 and will sell it to you for $9.00 to split the shipping cost. Let me know if you're interested by responding to me at sfearing "at" gwu.edu

·
Registered
702 Posts
thanks DaveC

that's cool, i'll definitely be there, and just another off topic question, you said racing for the track....what track? i've been trying to find one forever where it's legal to go and race people....do you know of any in dc/md/va area at all?

thanks.

·
Registered
432 Posts
The closest place to race is Summit Point Raceway just west of Frederick MD in Charlestown (not Charleston) W. VA.
They have a series on Fridays where you can get on the track for $150. The local BMW club also goes up there all the time.
Gotta agree with DaveC - too much speeding around DC roads already. You hear about those Arlington teenagers crashing into the back of Eckerds?

·
Registered
702 Posts
yeah i did, i heard they all went to my former high school washington-lee...they must've been going really really fast to crash the way they did and total the car...definitely at least double the 35mph speed limit. i hate racing in dc/va streets because too many people out there can't drive worth sh*t which is why i'd much rather prefer a legal track with no idiots on it :D plus the risk on the streets is real high and i couldn't imagine what i'd do if i wrecked my car that i've babied for the longest time.

damn, $150 just to participate, that's a little steeep

·
Registered
734 Posts
DaTimez420 said:
thanks DaveC

that's cool, i'll definitely be there, and just another off topic question, you said racing for the track....what track? i've been trying to find one forever where it's legal to go and race people....do you know of any in dc/md/va area at all?

thanks.
I usually go to Buzz Creek, but that's for my friends GTO and Chevelle(70)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey Timez, Buds Creek and Capitol Raceway are dragstrips just like 7580 up at Frederick. Summit Point Raceway is a 2.6 mile track, where I think the $150 includes practice time (solo runs). If you like to go cheaper (like me), just do autocrossing, it's not as fast (60 mph is prolly the highest speed) and it's fairly cheap (at 3 or 4 runs at 1 min each run.. costs about $15 for all three runs). Goto www.autocrossers.org for more info. Pre-registration is a must since there is a LONG wait list. You pay at the day of the race.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts