Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
lol, just got my car back from the shop like 3 hours ago, while testing the fix a BRIGHT orange 99-00 civic pulls along side and revs, I am like he's got a body kit, rims sounds like an intake and an exaust and lord knows what else, but I'll go. We take off and this little civic tears off the line, he is about a car length ahead of me, I hit 2nd im catching up by 3rd i am even, hit fourth an I inched ahead of him just in time for the next stoplight, he rolled down his window and after congrats asked what mods I had underhood, when I told him I have none he bout soiled himself, there you have it folks Legend POWER!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes... Honda Civics Are Ghey

I see those civics everyday.. everywhere.. these so many, unorginal mods. I saw 2 of the sorta same .. i mean.. they might think they can take us.. but u know it aint tru. I have a 1985 Nissan 300zx turbo.. those boys are no match.. witha v6 3.0 lt.
The Acura Legend and the 300zx are simalar in engines.

·
Registered
26 Posts
is your car auto or manual? you beat the new civics? the ones with the new body style?
would anyone know if a generation one legend could beat a prelude? the newer ones?

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
a 300ZX Turbo, NICE. I was thinking the other day, most cars had a turbo version, I think the Supra puts out 222HP stock, and 320HP? w/Turbo.

The Legend is 230HP stock, wonder what a factory turbo would've done to it! Too bad Honda doesn't like Turbo, them VTEC junkies :)

G

·
VTEC is so overrated. It is pretty cool in theory but our Legends do just fine without it and can easily keep up with any CL with VTEC :p, at least the G2 TII legends.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Our Legends are really underestamated. Espically the G1's. Just the other day, some sophmore with his permit was picking me to a race vs. supposedly his SLK 230. What a joke. I pick on Stangs (4.6) and stock Z28's. He thinks that Legends are a pile. Think I should put some cash into this race?

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
SLK230? What year?

Those things are Turbo 4cyls. Producing 185HP to 192HP. I think 0-60 in a little over 7seconds. Not sure about that man...risky, if the Legend manages to give him a close race, it would be funny because it's like 12-16 years older :D

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
I don't know what year. All I know is that this guy only has his permit, it's a 230 non kompressor, and he can't drive for ****. I bet this guy's all talk. Thursday night, he called me out and he was a no show, so i'm calling him now now.

·
Registered
31 Posts
That is so true what you said...most people underestimate the Legends, especially the first generation. I have an 88 LS automatic, with no mods to speak of yet, and I get Civic, accord, and the worst...neon drivers trying to race me. What is the deal? I guess being that the legends dont really have many mod options...they figure our stock cant beat their expensive mods on their cheap cars. : )

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
One of the most reasons is that they see the Legend as a heavy car packing nothing more then a 4 cly. They need to be schooled. In a race, one want's to follow the torque curve. So with a civic, so what if they are pushing the same amount of HP as us? We have 2 extra cylenders to keep our torque curve up and burn them, even with the extra weight that Legend carry around. Take the Civic Si. 160 HP. About the same as a 2.7L Legend (sorry, I have the original 2.5L). But their torque numbers are in the 120's I believe. Our's tend to be above our HP rating by a few ft lb. And I'm counting this as factory crank figures. So, with the torque being heafty enough, we can take the street modded civics teggys n ish almost at all times. We just gotta watch out for the F/I 4 bangers.

·
Registered
26 Posts
"F/I 4 bangers"? whats F/I? fuel injected?

what about a vtec prelude? a vtec integra? would our legends take those out? last season, ive had a couple of guys ask me if i wanted to race but i turned them down cause their cars looked heavily modded .. and mine isnt(not yet) .. and last season, there was this g2 sedan that had the look but i dont know if the engine and stuff were modded and it always got smoked by civics, integras, preludes, etc. so i dunno? im still kinda iffy .. this season ill have to see for myself :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts