Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone bought one of those short intake pipes off ebay for G1's? Most of the auctions say only manual transmission. Does this one fit the AT, if not how much moddification to the pipe and what kind of modification?

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How can you go wrong, its a freaking pipe. The only problem is the fit. I've seen G1 legens w/ them on cardomain.com, I'm just wondering if this intake is gonna fit auto transmission.

·
Registered
378 Posts
the only way it will fit on an auto is if you angle the pipe down. the reason they say it dosnt fit is because the throttle cable is in the way. all you have to do is angle it blow the throttle cable and you would be goldden!

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Badjack10 said:
the only way it will fit on an auto is if you angle the pipe down. the reason they say it dosnt fit is because the throttle cable is in the way. all you have to do is angle it blow the throttle cable and you would be goldden!
yeah, do not worry about it at all guys :) its just pipe and a filter, and fitting it on an auto wouldn't be any trouble

making a custom one is fun though :)

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
mine passes w/ my intake and dual flows w/ removed resonator.. i have a stock cat in there, not sure how old it is, couldn't be too many years old, but it works good still

·
Registered
9,142 Posts
I plan on picking one up off ebay. Luckily I have a 5spd so I can have it fit correctly. I noticed in a few autcions that it stated it would fit an auto with minimal modification. I guess that modification is angleing it down.
Later!
Lee

·
Registered
965 Posts
i had something really similar to one of those intakes. i took off everything after the air filter and put in a cone... the car sounded awesome but i noticed a decrease in perpiness as the car warmed up. now i have a 'turbo viper cai" ... less sound and lesser of a decrease as the car heats up.. so y not look into the home depot intake? it looks horrid but it works!! imo

·
Registered
202 Posts
I did a custom cold air cost me 60.00 in total. Sorry for the dirty engine bay.

here are the pics

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Do NOT buy an ebay intake if you have AT. The things will NOT fit even if you go under the cable. I needed to leave the top part of my stock intake to direct the tubing down first and go under. The end result is ugly. It works as a short ram, but it does not have the nice look. The pipe also got scratched while JAMMING it in place...

Just a warning to those who were thinking of it.

·
Registered
646 Posts
my only conser with the duct tape is what will happen when it gets really warm...also not sure what effects the adhesives would have on the motor. I had heard somewhere along the line that intakes shouldn't be made out of PVC pipe because it releases harmful chemicals when heated...not sure if the same thing would apply to adhesive tapes...but hey...whatever works ;)

·
Registered
646 Posts
shift said:
There is no duct tape on the inside of the intake, so I dont think any fumes or will get in. The duct tape is just to secure the aluminum pipe to a rubber mold.
cool...so what do you think?

·
Registered
193 Posts
This car i seen on cardomain.com seems to have an ebay intake and its automatic.

Very similiar to a ebay intake anyway.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/242958

Anyone have any comments? Im wondering is it not possible to put the intake over the cable?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.