Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know a lot of you have purchased things through ebay and I'm hoping you can give me some advice. I recently purchased an item that ended up not functioning properly. The auction stated that the item had been tested. I emailed the seller and asked if he/she could direct me who to contact about repair or who performed the testing on the unit. The seller has not yet replied.

I used my Visa card via PayPal to purchase the item. Does Visa provide any protection in this case? Or am I stuck with the defective item?

G

·
Usually you can call the credit card company and see what they can do... Otherwise try to contact PAYPAL and see if thay can help you. Or e-mail Ebay and see what thy can do..

OR try to call the seller using his contact info...
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
katonk said:
I know a lot of you have purchased things through ebay and I'm hoping you can give me some advice. I recently purchased an item that ended up not functioning properly. The auction stated that the item had been tested. I emailed the seller and asked if he/she could direct me who to contact about repair or who performed the testing on the unit. The seller has not yet replied.

I used my Visa card via PayPal to purchase the item. Does Visa provide any protection in this case? Or am I stuck with the defective item?
Hi there...

You can contact paypal to have the money refunded to you in the event you choose to file a fraud complaint. However, what paypal offers is a thin line between what is an acceptable forum for the complaint. The quality of the item (as in this specific case) is in the grey area....

Good luck

g2girl

·
Registered
275 Posts
Have you had any luck?

If nothing else you can add negative feedback to the seller. Ok, so it won't get you, your money back but it might make another buyer think twice before buying from this person in the future.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The seller gave me the name and number of a company that might be able to service the radio. No luck getting any of my money back. Oh well, $60 bucks down the drain.

I'm thinking that maybe I should report the seller to the IRS. The person is obviously running a business through ebay. I'm sure that the IRS would like to collecting some back taxes...

Anyways, thanks for the advice, feedback, and concern.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
katonk said:
The seller gave me the name and number of a company that might be able to service the radio. No luck getting any of my money back. Oh well, $60 bucks down the drain.

I'm thinking that maybe I should report the seller to the IRS. The person is obviously running a business through ebay. I'm sure that the IRS would like to collecting some back taxes...

Anyways, thanks for the advice, feedback, and concern.
I don't think the IRS would give and crap. Online transactions are still tax free, unless congress pass that f*cking law that would levy taxes on online purchase. THEY BETTER NOT!!!:mad: Also there are millions of people running business off ebay, if they go after one, they have to go after all of them, doubt they'll do it because Ebay business owners are mostly small time, they want the big fish.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I am a regular seller on Ebay and average about 12 items a week.

Your strongest leverage is to threaten him with negative feedback. Once he has received negative feedback he is pretty well done as a seller. I will do whatever it takes to avoid getting negative feedback from my buyers.

Did you happen to check his feedback before you bought from him?

Good Luck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.