Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I use EBC green stuff on the fronts only, stock rotors, and keep OEMs on the back until they wear out

has any one had any experience?

Is it safe?

does it mess up the antilock or brake balance?

Any other comments?

Is tire rack the best place to get them?

Thanks

·
2,879 Posts
I think its best you use aftermarket pads on aftermarket rotors. As the stock rotors are known to warp easily when used in conjunction with aftermarket pads.

·
Registered
386 Posts
AFTERMARKET PADS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think its best to use new rotors with new pads. If you are going to change to a better set of pads than stock why not switch to a better rotor as well ( meaning cross drilled rotors ) I gave EBC a call and if you have a G1 legend they told me they only make pads for the front and not for the rear and that they are not making a set for the rear ( kind of crazy if you ask me, thats like a shoe maker saying I'M GONNA MAKE THE RIGHT SHOE AND NOT THE LEFT WHO NEEDS A LEFT SHOE ANYWAY? ). I think you'd be better off with a manufacturer who makes front and rear high performance brake pads. www.kvrperformance.com, www.nopionline.com just to name a few.:)

·
Registered
847 Posts
I have powerstop cross drilled rotors with EBC green in the front and fully OEM setup in the rear. No problem at all and performance is great.

·
Registered
386 Posts
REAR OEM BRAKES!!!!!!!!!

I too have cross drilled rotors on the front of my g1 coupe with carbon fiber pads along with oem set-up in rear. I am switching the rear set-up to cross drilled rotors and carbon fiber pads as well. I fell that my entire braking system would perform better if my front and rear has the same set-up ( not that performance is inadequate ). I am also going to install steel braded lines front and rear along with ate super blue racing brake fluid. So when I hit the brakes my car will stop on a dime and give me 9 cents change back ( right now its giving me 6 cents back ).:cool:

·
Registered
847 Posts
funny~ I have been thinking about Goodridge SS lines with ATE Blue or Motul brake fluid for the past 2 months. Just ordered the lines 4 hours ago then I see you with the same setup in your mind:D

·
Registered
917 Posts
I just ordered EBC pads for all 4 corners from tire rack. If anyone is interested about the cost for a 93 coupe LS: front = $89, rear = $69 + $10 shipping. I'll be installing them with new x-drilled/slotted rotors that I ordered from raceconcepts. I'll post how good or bad they perform versus oem pads & rotors when installed.:)

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,943 Posts
pecan2phat said:
I just ordered EBC pads for all 4 corners from tire rack. If anyone is interested about the cost for a 93 coupe LS: front = $89, rear = $69 + $10 shipping. I'll be installing them with new x-drilled/slotted rotors that I ordered from raceconcepts. I'll post how good or bad they perform versus oem pads & rotors when installed.:)
That is the same set up I have for my 93, but I will actually be installing mine on Friday. The other set I've been decscribing is on my wifes 95 with OEM rotors.

·
Registered
398 Posts
green stuff

i am looking for hi-perf. brake pads that have all the perks that green stuff (EBC) pads brag about- exceptional wear time, low brake dust/ noise, exceptional stopping
i am looking for front and rears and i dont want to spend more than $100 i also want to be sure about the fitting
can someone please tell me where i could find these pads (EBC) and that they will surely fit my 91 sedan???
thank you!!

·
Registered
386 Posts
Brake Pads

KVR high performance brake pads have everything you are looking for. The pads cost $60 for the front and $60 for the rear. Shipping and handling shouldn't cost that much or can go to www.kvr-performance.com. You can also check the back pages of your sport compact car magazine for details.:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts