Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys think about Eclipse headunits and Clarion headunits? Are they any good and reliable? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I would go with the Eclipse just because they come with a 3 year warranty whereas the Clarion only comes with 1 year and 2 years on the Pro Audio Series. The Eclipse also has ESN (the security feature) that if someone "borrows" it they can't use it without the code and they have even sent out new decks to people free of charge right away and they deal with your insurance company.

Good Luck with whatever you choose,
Mark

AKA Legendmap

·
Registered
103 Posts
Eclipse

I've used Eclipse for the last four years and I've been very happy with them. They are expensive, but if you have it installed by an authorized dealer you have your three year warranty. One year if you install it yourself or buy it off of the net.

·
Registered
41 Posts
eclipse all the way, very reliable, and a very good deck.. they even got an 8v sub preout for all you bass heads ;] deffinately a quality product worth any price..

·
Premium Member
9,173 Posts
I've had 4 Eclipse head units and they've always been reliable and have very good sound quality.

Clarion CD players skip waay too much. I think Clarion's idea of anti skip protection is sticking a few rocks inside the radio so the CD doesn't move. Clarion is one of the few audio companies that their products have gone downhill in quality.

Go with Eclipse. you won't be sorry

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,943 Posts
Eclipse. They are also the only one who actually has a functional anti-theft security system (ESN). Also, I'm not sure how many are still there, but many of the old school Alpine engineers moved to Eclipse in the early/mid 90s.

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
eclipse!!!

they have a "we dont care, we'll fix it" policy.

my eclipse Head Unit decided to die.
they fixed the whole cd mechanism.
send it back.
free of charge.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Well I have had 3 clation decks within te last 5 years and only had 1 problem what I caused. I have never had a skiping problem esp. with their disc changers. That thiing has skipped on me 1 time and that is amazing considering the roads here in detroit

1 - 9 of 9 Posts