Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, well i was all set to buy a 98 Eclipe GSX <all wheel drive turbo> on Monday night. It was so nice, int condition crankwalk was taken care of. only 30k on it!!! They were asking 12.9 and i talked him down to 11.9. The car retails out for 17 from a dealership. And it was certified from mazda, and then also certified from mitubishi (it was being sold at Marlin Mazda) So i all him back nd haggle with him more. So the total comes to 15.3 out the door; tax, title, tag, and extended warranty, along with a new set of Pirelli's thrown on.

So my parents call the guy and tell him we'll be in tomorrow. Tuesday morning comes, and the worst thing possible happened. If you guys ever heard of the intersection "pines and flamingo" its considered one of the worst intersections in the United States. Anyways its about 10am and im ready to go pick up the car when my mom comes and tells me my dad was in an accident.

I go over to he hospital where he's at, and he's got three broken ribs because some dumb f*cking old lady decides to run a red light three seconds after it turned red. She totalled out my father's Jeep Grand Cherokee with her like 1978 560 SEL Orange Mercedes. She hit him on the driver's side door. Her car took it like a champ and dmage was minimal to her. Worst of all she didn't even call my dad o come to the hospital where the ambulance took him. She didn't even get out of her car to ask if her was ok. (She didn't even have anythign wrong with her.)
I can't wait to give her a piece of my mind

So now on top of nursing my father, he told me i have to get something safer. So now I lost the Eclipse :(

I wish people would learn how to drive down here <Hollywood, Florida> People over 60 shoud be given another mandatory diving test.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Yea, hope ur dad gets better soon. Hey, this should make good insurence settlement to you guys in the end (her fault for running the red). But really, glad to know that no one was hurt really bad. Give your dad regards from the whole Legend family.

·
Registered
614 Posts
damn that really suxs.. the gsx is one of the best handling cars i have ever riden in. But glad to hear your dad will be ok and best wishes to him and your family.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Man dude, I am so sorry to hear that, I hope your dad makes a speedy recovery! Regarding the safety thing, I hope you don't get stuck with a Volvo or something, but I aggree, you should consider joining the Legend Club!

·
Registered
733 Posts
I wish people would learn how to drive down here <Hollywood, Florida> People over 60 shoud be given another mandatory diving test. [/B][/QUOTE]

Sorry to hear about your Dad, and I hope everything will be OK....I'm really not too sure of that decision not to get the Eclipse, but they always say "Fathers Know Best." Lol.......And I know that this was a total typo, but I could not resist.....PEOPLE OVER 60 SHOULD TAKE ANOTHER MANDATORY DIVING TEST.....some without the parachute......

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.