Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Problem: ECU code 12 (EGR fault)

Reference: Vaccuum Connections and Code 12 troubleshooting tree in factory service manual.

Symptom: None, < ~8" or slow response when checking for ~8" of vaccuum in #11 hose while pinching #8 hose.

Solution (after I replaced otherwise good CVC and EGR valves): Carefully remove, inspect and clean the plastic tee fitting which is located between the bottom of the EGR Control Solenoid Valve and the Air Chamber/#11 hose. PAY ATTENTION TO ORIENTATION OF THE TEE FITTING BEFORE REMOVAL! The smaller of the two metering plug orfices in the tee fitting was plugged up on mine. Apparently there has been some minor shedding of the EGR Control Solenoid Valve seat after 300,000 miles.

Result: No more code 12 and smog test passed with flying colors.

· Registered
66 Posts
hey I got a code 12 on mine and i think its causing a pgm-fi light to go off on my dash after i go down the road. If you don't mind me asking were did you get your parts and about how much should I pay. I'm glad i saw your form thanks and glad that your car passed smog test.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.