Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been a month or more, since I suspected my VSS was going bad. Blinking D4, sometimes a check engine. I would check for codes and nothing (but the Speedo is acting nuts frequently)

Someone told me to pull the ECU fuse to reset it. I did, and 1 week later, I finally have codes...

Check Engine Light Codes:
1 Long Blink, 7 Short = 17, and 17 is guess what?
Vehicle Speed Sensor :D

Okay, what about these though:

My TCS light has 3 long blinks and 1 short when checking for codes
My D4 light just seems to blink in intervals non stop when checking for codes.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
all three of those things indicate VSS problems. TCS and the Auto Tranny depend on the VSS to operate, that's why you have the TCS light flashing and the D4 light blinking.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I suspected that they are all related to VSS. However, I was curious if there was a TCS trouble code list somewhere out there. I've never seen one published... maybe PSA would know?

I've also heard of a TCS system check procedure for the NSX, but never heard of it on the Legend. (Some sort of steeringwheel, butting press procedure that causes TCS to do a system check upon itself)

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
i know some one post tht how to check the codes
can u do i againg how to chceck that and where is this thing located ?

thanX

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
DJPolak,

This thread will tell you how:
http://www.acura-legend.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1972

Basically, there is a small two pin connector, near the passenger side footwell. It will probably have a small plastic cover on it, press down the latch and remove the cover. You will now see two metal contacts in it. Get a paper clip, stick one end of the paper clip into one of the contacts, and the second end, into the second contact.. this creates a "JUMP", which forces out any stored computer codes.

Turn your key to the power position... (the position in which your radio turns on, powers up the dash etc..)

Your Check Engine light, will flash any stored codes... Long blinks are the first digit, quick blinks are the second digit. Then once you know the code # you compare it to the code list, and see what's wrong.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts